- Consultant Grant Neale
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Fit OutInteriors
- Benefits PENSION, PMI, LIFE & DISABILITY INSURANCE + EXPENSE ACCOUNT, MOBILE + LAPTOP + 25 DAYS HOLIDAY XMAS & NY OFF WIHTOUT HOLDING DAYS BACK + 3 CHARITY DAYS OFF PER ANNUM + BIRTHDAY OFF + FUTURE TRAINING, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Vacancy id 4224
- Salary Details HIGH BASIC SALARY (UP TO £50,000 D.O.E INCLUDING TRAVEL ALLOWANCE) + %TBD OF PROFIT GP
Are you an extremely methodical, organised, compliant and experienced WORKS | PROJECT | DIVISIONAL MANAGER from within the Fit-Out sector (essential) with excellent grounding in Furniture, Workplace with an acute eye for detail and passionate about delivering results and maximising profit and efficiencies? If so, this could be exactly what you are looking for?
We are very proud to be working with an industry leading and ultra-respected Furniture, Workspace and Interior Fit Out Solutions company who due to an exciting growth and expansion plan are seeking to recruit a talented WORKS MANAGER to join their highly dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial team.
As a WORKS MANAGER & A DIVISIONAL LEADER the general purpose of the role is: working on predominantly furniture led projects incorporating Fit-Out projects ranging from £10K-200K the WORKS MANAGER is responsible for meeting clients, maintaining and developing relationships and scoping out the works, costing and seeing the Fit-Out elements through to completion.
- Meet with client and take the brief on the required works.
- Liaise with the our clients sales & design team to ensure all proposals are workable and look for value engineering potentials to provide best value for money to clients and further increase profit margins once in contract.
- Estimate works where required and/or price the works based on sub-contractor quotes, source materials and negotiate costs with sub-contractors.
- Produce pre-contract and detailed construction programmes. Monitor progress to ensure timely completion. Ensure furniture elements are integrated into overall programmes
- Generating all deliverables such as orders, JCT contracts, LOI, Project directories, F10, Construction H&S Phase plan and apply all practices followed by Pre-contract managers and Contract managers in the group.
- Pitching: present tenders and proposals to clients together with Designers and Sales
- Arrange pre start coordination meeting with sub-contractors prior to starting works on site, and chair weekly sub-contractor meeting. Continue to oversee and manage all sub- contractors throughout the project. Work closely with the furniture team.
- Place orders with Sub Contractors prior to work commencing on site.
- Ensure that correct contractual documentation is in place and is signed off by client.
- Monitor quality performance throughout the duration of the project ensuring the highest quality is maintained at all times.
- Maintain a good client relationship at all times. Advise sales team/MD of any potential client issues or complaints received.
- Confirm costs for additional works requested by client and record any programme implication.
- Ensure that invoicing is up to date and carry out valuations as per the contract documents, monitor and obtain payment of money by due date.
- Sign off sub-contractor invoices for works completed, Finalise and agree their account on completion of project.
- Maintain up to date financial records using the agreed company ERP system.
- Supervise and assist Site Manager / Sub-contractors as required ensuring that an accurate record of site activity is recorded. Work with our clients install and project teams to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Ensure compliance at all times with appropriate H&S requirements and all relevant legislation.
- Working closely with Sales, Project managers and Project Designers.
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Previous fit-Out & Furniture experience is absolutely essential ideally minimum 3-5 years – either through a dealership or a manufacturer.
- Project/Construction Management degree or minimum 2 years’ experience within Construction/Project Management.
- Auto CAD (some knowledge is preferable)
- SMSTS (preferable)
- Be up to speed on compliance with current Health and Safety legislation is necessary.
- T. literate including Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
- Well organised with great attention to detail
- Presentable and professional approach as client facing
- Must have a driving license and own a car
- Energetic individual with an outstanding work ethic
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Service minded and proactive.
- Outgoing, flexible, team person
- Professional, charismatic, and sociable
- Ability to deal with all levels of staff
- Ability to manage client and suppliers at varying levels and efficiently solving problems
- Ability to find information, persistent & tenacious
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Good communicator
Location LONDON & SURREY
PLEASE NOTE: CANDIDATE MUST BE BASED WITHIN A REASONABLE COMMUTE TO CENTRAL LONDON (45 MIN – 1 HOUR MAX) AND BE PREPARED TO TRAVEL FURTHER AFIELD WHEN REQUIRED AS THE ROLE WILL HAVE NATIONAL SCOPE