Vacancy No 3425
Vacancy Title TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR / INTERNAL SALES – BUILDERS MERCHANTS - MIDLANDS
Are you seeking a role which involves assisting in major aspects of managing business of a well established Builders Merchants within the construction sector?
Our Client is a well established and highly recognised distributor of construction products in the Midlands area with an extensive range of products and solutions to meet their customer’s needs with a number of operations with an enviable reputation for quality of service.
Our Client is an independent, privately owned Builders Merchants with a mixed product portfolio encompassing Heavyside, Lightside, Plumbing & Heating and Bathroom products.
Due to continued success, they are looking to appoint a TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR / HEAVYSIDE INTERNAL SALES PERSON who can capitalise on their success by working in conjunction with the Branch Manager and further develop their business.
As this is considered a key role within our Client’s organisation they are willing to offer career advancement and a highly competitive salary package to the right Candidate.
Our Client is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Builders Merchants professional to identify and develop new business opportunities, along with ensuring all transport requirements are met and help to develop continue to drive the business forwards.
The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of all aspects required to ensure the profitable running of a Builders Merchants operation.
Transport Supervisor - Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To supervise and support Drivers. To monitor the individual performance of Drivers and identify training as required.
- To ensure that all work is completed on a day to day basis with responsibility for planning priorities according to requirements of company and customers.
- Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service in line with company policy within the delivery function.
- To ensure Drivers maintain their vehicles in line with company policy.
- To ensure all deliveries are scheduled in the correct manner.
- To ensure driving hours and diesel are maximised to the best effect.
- Carry out daily inspections of delivery vehicles and loads for each delivery leaving the premises.
- Report any vehicle faults to the Branch Manager and Operations Department in line with Company procedure.
- Contact customers where necessary, i.e. for short deliveries and delayed deliveries, to ensure exceptional customer service at all times.
Heavyside Internal Sales - Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for achieving sales GP targets relating to the branch.
- Contribute to achieving branch performance targets.
- Audit quotations to ensure these are pursued and followed through.
- To ensure telephones are answered within company guidelines.
- To help deliver branch sales in line with sales targets by actively selling and promoting company products.
- To negotiate with suppliers and monitor customer orders to ensure smooth delivery for customers and 100% satisfaction.
- To deal with customers both in person and on the telephone, taking orders and helping to resolve customer problems, offering advice where possible.
- Build effective customer relationships to ensure that all sales opportunities are maximised.
- Contact key customers on a regular basis to review the company’s performance with them and address any issues.
- Work with the branches dedicated Key Account and Business Development Manager to generate business into the branch.
- Support marketing campaigns and promotions to ensure the maximum benefit is gained.
- To obtain quotes for special items from suppliers to ensure most cost effective option.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of products in order to deliver exceptional customer service.
- To provide cover for the trade counter as necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Dress Code Policy, Standards of Performance Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing the business by formulating a business strategy in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Managing and developing the team.
You should be committed to delivering the best possible customer service and be seeking to grow your career within the Construction Materials Supply Sector.
Salary NEGOTIABLE + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles:
Sales Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Internal Sales, Sales Office Manager, Key Accounts Sales, National Account Sales, National Sales Manager and Sales Director.
We cover all roles within the Construction Materials sector including:
Builders Merchants Sales Jobs, Builders Merchants Jobs, Plumbers Merchants Jobs, KBB Jobs, Civil Engineering Sales Jobs, M&E Sales Jobs, Timber Sales Jobs, Roofing Sales Jobs, Plumbing Sales Jobs, Insulation Sales Jobs, Interiors Sales Jobs, Aggregate Sales Jobs, Quarry Products Sales Jobs, Concrete Sales Jobs, Plant Hire Sales Jobs, Plant Sales Jobs, Tool Hire Sales Jobs, Access Equipment Sales Jobs, Portable Accommodation Sales Jobs, Scaffolding Sales Jobs, Formwork Sales Jobs, Reinforcement Sales Jobs, Bathroom Sales Jobs, Kitchen Sales Jobs, Bedroom Sales Jobs, Bathroom Showroom Sales Jobs, KBB Sales Jobs, Plumbing & Heating Sales Jobs, Heating Sales Jobs, HVAC Sales Jobs, Ventilation Sales Jobs, M&E Products Sales Jobs, Washrooms Sales Jobs, Sanitaryware Sales Jobs, Build Systems Sales Jobs, Cladding Sales Jobs, Curtain Walling Sales Jobs, Façade Sales Jobs, Structural Steel Sales Jobs, Brick Sales Jobs, Block Sales Jobs, Stone Sales Jobs, Architectural Stone Sales Jobs, Masonry Sales Jobs, Pipe Sales Jobs, Drainage Sales Jobs, Geotextile Sales Jobs, Attenuation Sales Jobs, SUDS Sales Jobs, Paving Sales Jobs, Landscaping Products Sales Jobs, Street Furniture Sales Jobs, Doors Sales Jobs, Joinery Sales Jobs, Timber Products Sales Jobs, Off Site Construction Sales Jobs, Timber Distribution Sales Jobs, Timber Importers Sales Jobs, Timber Engineering Sales Jobs, Timber Frame Sales Jobs, Sips Sales Jobs, Fencing Sales Jobs, Windows Sales Jobs, Ironmongery Sales Jobs, Hardware Sales Jobs, Access Control Sales Jobs, Lock Sales Jobs, Locking Systems Sales Jobs, Home Automation Sales Jobs, Lifts & Escalators Sales Jobs, Flooring Sales Jobs, Ceramic Tiles Sales Jobs, Adhesives Sales Jobs, Consumables Sales Jobs, Render Sales Jobs, EWI Sales Jobs, Insulation Sales Jobs, Plasterboard Sales Jobs, Partitions Sales Jobs, Fit Out Products Sales Jobs, Interiors Sales Jobs, Coatings Sales Jobs, Sealants sales Jobs, Roofing sales Jobs, Roofing Products Sales Jobs, Tools Sales Jobs, Fixings Sales Jobs, Roof Windows Sales Jobs, Lintels Sales Jobs, UPVC Windows Sales Jobs and all other Construction Materials Sales Jobs.