- Consultant Fiona Hamilton
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Timber & Joinery
- Vacancy id 4103
- Salary Details Competitive Remuneration Package
Our client is a leading Timber Importer & Distributor of Timber, and Timber Products. Due to growth & expansion they are seeking a Transport Co-ordinator, to be part of the team that is responsible for all aspects of the transport for the Depot.
Reporting to: Depot Manager
You will be working within a team that continually works together in delivering excellent customer service by giving clear direction to the transport team.
- Effective & efficient organisation of the daily routing, ensuring best utilisation of the company delivery vehicles.
- To liaise with the drivers regarding any issues.
- Produce delivery notes
- Ensure drivers carry out all vehicle checks, and report and organise any issues that arise.
- To deal with all customer queries regarding delivery times and any other issues.
- Follow company procedures regarding H & S, and also with reporting incidents and accidents
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in the transport or logistics field, with a competent working knowledge of London.
- Excellent administration & organizational skills
- IT literate , and experience of Excel
- Effective communication skills
- Self motivated and focused with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills