- Consultant Ben Becker
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Plumbing & Heating
- Vacancy id 4187
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE
Our Clients are a family owned business that have been supplying plumbing and heating professionals with an extensive range of innovative products for numerous years. They have managed to lead the way by keeping with their traditional family values and also excellent customer service and technical support teams.
Due to growth our clients are looking for a Trainee Branch Manager to cover Cork, so if you believe this is a role you could make your own then please contact us to discuss in more detail.
Reporting to: SALES DIRECTOR
To learn, develop and advance within a challenging and diverse role by working closely with the existing Management team in order to contribute to the performance of the branch / business. This will involve assisting with the day to day running of the store and contributing to the performance in the following areas: profitability, sales, margin, stock management, customer service, health & safety and people management
- Assist with the management of the branch day to day activities, in line with operating processes and procedures
- Provide relief cover for a Branch Manager where necessary including extended annual leave or where we have a position vacant while waiting to fill role
- Support a Branch Manager in a new or newly refurbished branch including assisting with branch set up
- Assist the Branch Managers and the Internal Audit Team on stock management/control
- Take on project work in terms of new initiatives across the HM brand
- To assist with the training & development of new staff when based in a branch
- Support branch in terms of in-store marketing/displays and merchandising ideas
- Understand and be able to interrogate the branch P&L and monitor sales, margin and costs
- Identify where improvements can be made and escalate when necessary to ensure the improvements are actioned where possible
- Identify customer needs and requirements to maximise sales and advise branch on same
- Build and maintain relationships with customers ensuring excellent customer service at all times
- Ensure security measures adhered to at all times
- Ensure that all necessary administration is kept up to date and that requests for information from both internal and external customers are responded to promptly.
- To keep abreast of changes within the business including new product introduction and advances within the industry.
- Carry out health & safety checks as and when requested to do so.
- Adherence to and implementation of Health & Safety rules and procedures
- Travel to any branch location as and when required, with occasional stays away from home
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 1 year’s recent sales experience in a trade environment in a customer facing role requiring excellent customer service
- A strong team player but also be able to work on your own initiative
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Possess a good level of IT literacy including using email and Microsoft Excel.
- Full clean valid driving license
- Previous supervisory experience and /or experience in training others
- Recent sales experience and/ or product knowledge in the heating and plumbing or building materials industry in a customer facing role
- Further education qualification in a business related discipline would be advantageous
- Enthusiastic and results driven with a proven track record in achieving results
- Experience in stock management/control
- Experience using a CRM system
- Hold a current forklift license would be advantageous
As our Client’s business is rapidly expanding, they are able to offer an extremely attractive salary package along with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities to the right Candidate.