We are retained by one of the UK’s leading specialist distributors of BUILDERS MERCHANT PRODUCTS of who due to continued success in the UK market place are seeking to recruit a professional TRADE COUNTER SALES PERSON.
To provide customers with a knowledgeable, friendly and dependable service whilst at the same time optimising branch sales and gross profit. To effectively work as part of a team ensuring that customers’ expectations are not just met but exceeded.
- Build effective working relationships with customers, in order to understand their requirements thus ensuring that the correct products are supplied.
- Use initiative to identify sales opportunities and offer advice and solutions to customers, thus maximising profitable sales and margin.
- Liaise with suppliers where necessary.
- Support the Branch Manager and colleagues in working as a team to ensure the branch operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
- Ensure a tidy working environment at all times in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Branch Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Other employees
Measurements of Success
- A strong contribution to branch sales and margin. Meeting and exceeding branch targets.
- Able to demonstrate excellent and up-to-date product knowledge.
- Administration and paperwork is kept accurate and up to date.
- Well maintained and presentable work area.
- Must have experience in ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS
- Should be willing to be flexible in duties undertaken e.g. relief counter sales/warehouse/driver duties as and when required.
Location/Area NORTH LONDON
Salary Negotiable basic dependent upon experience + excellent results driven rewards