- Consultant Luke Chaplin
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Envelope / Build Systems
- Vacancy id 4534
- Salary Details 40000
Vacancy No 4534
Vacancy Title Technical Service Advisor
Area North London
A specialist in Liquids, Roofing and waterproofing company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector.
- Aid within Technical Services function across all roofing technologies. Role consists of providing high level of technical support for all roofing technologies to both internal and external stakeholders.
- To provide a high standard of technical advice and produce technical roofing specifications for Technical Services. Requires excellent organisational skills, can do attitude and willingness to strive and progress with further development. Ensure all departmental tasks runs smoothly and efficiently at all times.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Produce high level standard of specification writing across all Roofing technologies
- Complete technical wind uplift calculations, U-V Calculations, Drainage Calculations, Adhesion testing processes for all Roofing technologies
- Attend project design meetings to support Roofing Technical department, Area Technical Managers, Contractors and other clients such as architects, engineers and main contractors.
- Read and interpret structural engineers and architects’ drawings and advise on best practice as and when required.
- Ensure all project information is up to date on CRM system
- Review sales orders against the project specification to ensure correct materials have been ordered by the customer whilst liaising with Customer Services Roofing team.
- Produce E-book project specific documents to support submissions for our customers
- Process Applications for Guarantee for technical department upon request from Technical Support functions
- Assist Technical Support across all technologies for reviewing and co-ordinating completed site installation reports
- Responding to mailbox enquiries and responding to internal and external stakeholders via all methods of communication in and outside of the business
- Pre-project notifications – Project Tender Management checks (contractor / ATM) – Better customer experience, intimate service, link to aide sales order process
- Produce project specific guarantee pack E-Books to include all literature for end users / contracts / clients
- To understand all departmental procedures and ensure effective operations are fulfilled within Technical Services functions for WGC & Preston and support when necessary. Embrace change and positivity to support changes for future.
HOURS: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Organisational Skills
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of Microsoft packages & CRM systems
- Institute of Roofing qualification (desired but not essential as training will be provided towards membership)
- Skills (Technical / Practical / Applied)
- Team Working
- Time Management
- Communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadline, good customer service skills
- Can do attitude