- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Construction
- Benefits COMPANY PENSION, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS
- Vacancy id 4027
- Salary Details COMPETITIVE + EXCELLENT RESULTS DRIVEN REWARD SCHEME
Are you interested in joining a technological market leader in the design and supply of innovative construction products?
If so, one of Europe’s fastest growing manufacturers is looking to appoint a Supply Chain Manager within their successful UK operation.
With a multi-million pound turnover and 60 + year history of pioneering solutions that deliver technical perfection to a wide range of customers in the construction market, our Client operates across multiple business divisions and employs over 4500 people worldwide.
They believe that much of their success is owed, not only to the continuous innovation and improvement mindset of their design and development teams, but also to the superior technical knowledge and customer service skills of their employees.
As part of our Client’s growth plans, they are looking for an individual who is a driven and talented Supply Chain Manager who will be responsible for overseeing Supply Chain processes, optimising warehouse and logistics planning and procurement to maximise efficiency and profitability whilst working closely with the Warehouse Manager, Logistics Manager and wider operations department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to: The Managing Director
As Supply Chain Manager, you will execute Supply Chain Operations to achieve short and long term goals whilst continuously improving processes, implementing savings, increasing efficiencies and driving KPI’s and inventory strategies.
You will ensure our Client has good service level agreements and their Customers are receiving the best quality in a timely manner.
Your main duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning and managing logistics, warehouse and procurement
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, plan routes and process shipments
- Negotiate supply contracts
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets
- Plan future capacity requirements
- To strongly drive change management across the departments
- To prepare required data and input into monthly reports
- To provide procurement and supply chain strategic direction and innovation
- Investigate and resolve inconsistencies with inventory
- Work across all levels of the business to improve stock utilisation.
In order to succeed in this role, you will need to be self-motivated with the desire to achieve goals, tackle challenges head on, innovate and move at a fast pace.
Knowledge of the construction supply chain will be beneficial with prior experience in driving change.
You will also be required to demonstrate the following:
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to deal with complex challenges
- Experience in leading strategic change
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence at senior management level both internally and externally
- Proven experience in similar roles in medium to large companies.
- Proven experience in setting up and managing new stock management and supply chain processes, procedures and systems.
- Strong business acumen including the ability to identify key issues and risks before they arise
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Experience with Supply Chain Planning Software (SAP Preferred)
For the right Candidate, our Client offers a competitive salary package along with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.