- Consultant Luke Chaplin
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Merchants / Distributors
- Benefits 25 Days Holidays Pension, X4 Life Assurance, Extensive Training, Development Opportunities And Progression Available
- Vacancy id 4798
- Salary Details Up To £38k Basic D.O.E
We are retained by one of the UK’s leading specialist distributors of Construction Products who due to continued success in the UK marketplace are seeking to recruit a Stock Controller who will be responsible for forecasting, coordinating and running an efficient inventory level in our Client’s Rainham branch.
This is a “hands-on” position where you will have the opportunity to progress and develop your career
This is an experienced level position, candidates should have some experience in an Inventory/Stock/Pricing support style role currently, but not be at the management level so that they can grow into this position – lots of training and support will be given, and they just need to be intelligent and hungry to learn
What does the role involve?
As Stock Controller, you will be responsible for building a rapport with existing suppliers to maximise the level of service you are able to provide, along with achieving the inventory KPIs for the branch, with a strong emphasis on materials and stock planning along with developing a close working relationship with the transport planner/manager, sales teams and branches ensuring the provision of a consistent, high standard of service to internal and external stakeholders.
You will use a variety of tools to assist in the planning and control of the branch’s inventory whilst also processing and investigating various stock-related reports on K8. Key responsibilities in this role will include purchase order (PO) processing, tracking POs, monitoring order status, updating all key stakeholders on PO progress, forecasting of stock and sales passed order management.
The successful candidate will be:
- Well organised
- Able to prioritise your own work and work on your own initiative
- Adopt a flexible approach to work recognising that priorities can change
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook and Office
- Have good numeracy skills and confidence in handling figures
- Have a diligent accurate approach and desire to check work
- Be a good communicator, both verbally and written
- Be able to work independently and within a team
- Have an appreciation of the importance of this role in relation to the business, colleagues and external customers
- Have a “can do attitude