We are retained by a leading European Producer of high-end roof tiles who, due to continued growth and focus on the UK market sector, are looking to recruit a professional SPECIFICATION SALES MANAGER to join their team.
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Your role will be to build and maintain relationships with Architects and Specifiers by targeting specific requirements with them and offer product, sales and technical support with a view to gaining product usage.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify business opportunities and generate new leads.
- Manage and grow existing accounts by showing your professionalism; work to position our Client as a preferred supplier through education of products/services and excellent customer service.
- Conduct CPDs with Architects and Specifiers
- Provide oversight for project delivery; ensure that work being done is consistent with specifications
- Contact and visit customers in order to identify and understand needs, provide technical support, and advise on product selection decisions
- Manage sales activity via CRM system to ensure that sales goals and KPIs are being met
Requirements and Professional Experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience selling high value technical products, ideally in the building industry (commercial and/or institutional)
- The right individual should have an existing network within the A&D community
- You are good at both opening doors as well as managing and growing an existing client base
- Capability of working both individual and in a team
- A strong desire / track record of meeting targets and objectives
- You have a flexible mentality, you are enthusiastic, enterprising and pro-active.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Specification market, A&D community, building/construction.
- Good communication skills, representative of the company. Capable of adapting approach to the various DMU’s (up to and incl. head-office level) and groups of customers. Demonstrates flexibility and enthusiasm. A team player that is also able to work on his/her own. Ability to think in creative solutions. Entrepreneurial.
- Highly interested in establishing and continuing to build something new.
- Displays an attitude that is key to success: ability to work independent, highly self-motivated, team-player.
Salary NEGOTIABLE + BENEFITS
Benefits COMPANY CAR, LAPTOP, MOBILE PHONE, PENSION