We are retained by a leading European Producer of high-end roof tiles who, due to continued growth and focus on the UK market sector, are looking to recruit a professional SPECIFICATION SALES MANAGER to join their team.
Reporting to: Sales Director
Your role will be to build and maintain relationships with Roofing and Builders Merchants, Architects and Contractors etc by targeting specific requirements with them and offer product, sales and technical support with a view to gaining product usage.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct CPDs with Architects and Specifiers
- Identify business opportunities and generate new leads.
- Manage and grow existing accounts by showing your professionalism; work to position our Client as a preferred supplier through education of products/services and excellent customer service.
- Manage partnerships with distributors, act as resource and attend client meetings as needed
- Provide oversight for project delivery; ensure that work being done is consistent with specifications
- Contact and visit customers in order to identify and understand needs, provide technical support, and advise on product selection decisions
- Manage sales activity via CRM system to ensure that sales goals and KPIs are being met
Requirements and Professional Experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience selling high value technical products, ideally in the building industry (commercial and/or institutional)
- You are good at both opening doors as well as managing and growing an existing client base
- Capability of working both individual and in a team
- A strong desire / track record of meeting targets and objectives
- You have a flexible mentality, you are enthusiastic, enterprising and pro-active.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Specification market, A&D community, building/construction.
- Good communication skills, representative of the company. Capable of adapting approach to the various DMU’s (up to and incl. head-office level) and groups of customers. Demonstrates flexibility and enthusiasm. A team player that is also able to work on his/her own. Ability to think in creative solutions. Entrepreneurial.
- Highly interested in establishing and continuing to build something new.
- Displays an attitude that is key to success: ability to work independent, highly self-motivated, team-player.
Location/Area SOUTH WEST
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles: Sales Manager, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager and National Sales Manager.
SRS specialise in vacancies within the construction materials industry in the following sectors Builders Merchants, Distribution, Wholesale, Manufacturers, Architects, Specifiers, Contractors, Civil Engineers, Civils Specifiers, Housebuilders, Developers, Local Authorities, Housing Associations, M&E Contractors, M & E Specifiers, Plant and Tool Hire in the product categories of :Brick & Block Sales, Roofing Sales, Kitchens and Bathroom Sales, Plumbing Sales, Aggregates & Concrete Sales, PPE Sales, Boiler Sales, Radiator Sales, Building Control Sales, Drainage Sales, Ventilation and Air Management Sales, Insulation Sales, Door Control Sales, Ironmongery Sales, Plant Hire, Modular Accommodation Sales, Building System Sales, Plastic Window Sales, Plasterboard Sales, Renewable Energy System Sales, Solar Heating Sales, HVAC Sales, Heavy Side Materials, Light Side Materials, Civil Engineering Material Sales, KBB, Groundwork Specialist Sales, SIPS Sales, Timber Sheet and Board Sales, Timber Frame Building Sales and all other construction materials sales.