We are retained by a regional distributor of building products who , due to continued success, are seeking to recruit a professional SPECIFICATION SALES MANAGER to join their external sales team.
Responsible for managing activities to maximize profitability through sales of Group Products by meeting the demands of new and existing customers. Driving forward the business strategy to develop new business opportunities through specification channels.
- To specify price supported products to Architects/Contractors/Developers.
- To build a ledger of Architects working with them to specify products securing our Client’s business when the build starts.
- To work with the Key Account Management team servicing their customers with product specification.
- Utilisation of CRM system to obtain project leads.
- To engage and build relationships with key supporting suppliers.
- To follow through on supply trail from Specification through to order.
- Work closely with our Project Coordinator and Internal sales team logging registrations and following them up.
- Investigate potential products/market for specification.
- Previous sales in a customer facing role including technical sales experience.
- Problem solving skills and ability to deal with challenging situations.
- Attention to detail and methodical organization skills.
- Time management and workload prioritization.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone and presentation.
- A strong product knowledge of Bricks/Blocks/Insulation.
Skills and knowledge required
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing customer Relationships
- Planning & organisation
- Problem Solving
- Self Awareness
- Influencing Skills
Location/Area EAST ANGLIA
Salary Negotiable + Commision
Benefits Company Car, Phone, Laptop/Tablet, Benefits