- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Merchants / Distributors
- Benefits Pension, 25 Days Holiday
- Vacancy id 4254
- Salary Details Company Rewards Scheme, Career Development Opportunities
Are you interested in joining an award-winning distributor of construction and engineering products?
With a history that spans over 38 years, our Client has grown into one of the UK’s most successful construction product distribution businesses with specialist teams dedicated to each of their key market sectors, allowing them to add value at every stage of a construction project.
Their network of branches across the UK stock a wide range of products from market-leading brands and they pride themselves on efficient, time and fast delivery coupled with first-class technical expertise.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company whose products are held in high regard at an exciting stage in their development in the UK construction sector.
Our client is seeking a dynamic individual to join their sales team. If you have experience working in the Builders Merchant sector or selling Construction Products and have the professionalism and the expertise to bring in new business and also develop, grow and maintain accounts then this opportunity is for you.
This position is for an experienced individual that has the ability to build relationships from site to Director Level
Key Responsibilities of the role
- To develop both new & existing clients (primary target customers are Main Contractors and Brickwork Contractors)
- Negotiate purchasing prices with suppliers when required
- Quoting and costing customer requirements
- Understanding customer needs and requirements, research accounts, identify key players
- Maintain & expand your database
- Handle sales orders, following up sales enquiries and delivery schedules
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Proven experience in a sales role
- Experience within the building supply trade essential
- General Construction knowledge & knowledge of the Construction sector
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Effective communication skills
- Customer-focused with sound commercial skills.
- Good IT skills & PC literate
Reporting to: Business Unit Manager
This role offers the successful Candidate numerous opportunities for career progression along with continuous training and development.