- Consultant Grant Neale
- Type Full time
- Product Sector HVAC / Ventilation / Cooling
- Benefits VERY STRONG PERSONAL & COMPANY PERFORMANCE OTE SCHEME + HYBRID (LOW TAX) COMPANY CAR OPTIONS + VERY STRONG PENSION + MOBILE, LAPTOP + ALLOWANCES + 25 DAYS HOLIDAY
- Vacancy id 4038
- Salary Details HIGH & COMPETITIVE BASIC SALARY (UP TO €80,000 – Negotiable D.O.E)
Are you a driven, focused, organised. methodical and autonomous SENIOR SALES ENGINEER with solid experience and a proven track record in promoting SPECIALIST HVAC PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (Ideally cooling solutions) via Key Consultants, Consulting Engineers, HVAC Specifiers, End Users Clients and Specialist HVAC, FM and Cooling/M&E Contractors and Installers?
Do you have a progressive attitude towards business success? Does the opportunity to inherit, grow and develop a very lucrative business from the grass roots up to having an established Irish HQ with all the backup and support necessary to be highly successful appeal to you?
Do you have an interest in building a career with a market leading, award winning, highly respected Manufacturer? Do you have the confidence to capitalise on and grow a €2-3 million annual turnover? If so, this unique and exciting opportunity might be exactly what you have been looking for?
A Worldwide, Market Leading Manufacturer with an incredible reputation built up over 80 years, our Client is a specialist Manufacturer of Process, Industrial, Evaporative and Hybrid Cooling solutions and services with a policy of ongoing research and development ensuring they are able to offer innovative solutions and maintain their market leading status.
Our Client is committed to the continuous development of their people and offer personal learning and further education and excellent career progression opportunities to anyone who joins their business.
This is a REMOTE field based SENIOR external sales role.
The main responsibility of the SALES MANAGER is to develop Process Cooling solutions and aftermarket / retrofit services with Key Consultants, HVAC Specifiers, End Users Clients (i.e. Microsoft, LinkedIn, Google, large Pharma companies etc) and Specialist HVAC, FM and Cooling Contractors along with a large approved installer contact base with a specific emphasis on Commercial and Industrial HVAC Applications in Ireland.
The successful candidate will be responsible and completely autonomous for managing their own activity and projects focusing on providing solutions and services that meet and over exceed our customers’ specified requirements.
The SALES MANAGER’S client portfolio, which needs to be followed up actively, consists of senior level consultants, HVAC specifiers, contractors, installers and end user clients with a healthy pipeline to inherit across a multitude of industry sectors
In addition to managing an existing client portfolio, the SALES MANAGER proactively takes initiatives to grow, network and expand their business with a view to progressing within the business to Management Level.
Principal Responsibilities – SALES
- Liaises with Senior & Key Consultants, Consulting Engineers, Industrial and Commercial End User clients, other specifying bodies and Specialist HVAC / M&E Contractors & installers via face to face and virtual meetings to develop specifications for the HVAC market.
- Produces proposals – tailored to meet customer’s needs – for Industrial refrigeration companies, contractors and end users.
- Enjoys selling innovative products and solutions to existing clients and prospects and presents the broad range and quality of our Client’s products and services.
- Ultimate goal is to create long term customer relationships generating repeat business.
- Assists the Service Manager and Service team with project management on selected contracts by attendance of kick off and hand over meetings.
- Understands and interprets Technical Specification & Commercial terms and conditions. Looks for clarification of technical specifications with consulting engineers and develops the specification to differentiate.
- Can see the bigger picture and capitalise on further opportunities from a Service & Maintenance perspective (repair, upgrade and retrofit)
- Makes proposals and associated technical submission documentation in accordance with the form of tender. Ensures the tender documentation meets the contractor’s expectations for quality and detail.
- Responsible for sizing and technical selection of cooling towers, fluid coolers & evaporative condensers.
- Manages the sales pipeline by logging of quotations and managing / updating the project list with project status, value and timeline data.
- Requested to work closely with the Marketing Department by providing regular input to prepare and manage large tenders. Makes sure bids are compliant to technical specification & commercial terms.
- The SALES MANAGER is responsible for maintaining and increasing our Client’s market share within the geographical area. He / she will evolve into a matrix organisation with all departments and individuals of the Company.
- Regular contacts and communication are necessary with different stakeholders:
- Close cooperation with General Manager
- Close cooperation with external sales colleagues (Core and Aftermarket)
- Daily communication with customers to address their requirements and provide unique solutions. (End users, Consultants, Contractors, Managers, Engineers, Technicians…)
- High level communication with Headquarters: purchasing, engineering, sales & marketing and traffic departments for special customer requests
- Certain grants of authority are assigned to this function.
- Most important KPI’s are:
- Achieve annually agreed top line profit plan expectations and targets
- Look for opportunities to network into new customers and for incremental business
- Monthly reporting of activities and results to the General Manager (the role will require regular dialogue with the General Manager)
- Realization of COS and SGA in accordance with the P&L
- Strive for continuous improvement: quality of work, efficiency in work procedures/processes, cost reductions, suppliers.
Knowledge & Skills
- Holds a degree in electromechanical engineering, mechanical or chemical engineering, (or equivalent) with proven track record / experience in the heat transfer market, however experience and a proven track record without the necessary qualifications is more than acceptable if experience is clearly demonstrated
- Experience in selling factory assembled heat transfer products and solutions (HVAC, Industrial Process Cooling and Refrigeration markets).
- Familiar with cooling tower principles of operation or has technically ability to develop this knowledge.
- Able to work independently. (with input as required from all members of our Client’s community)
- Highly customer oriented and focused. This role requires first class listening skills and will gain customer / stakeholder confidence by providing professional advice and input.
- Looks for new clients – new projects – works pro-active
- Has strong communication skills: listening, probing and good negotiation skills
- Result driven – goes for a client / project – is able to close a deal and enjoys selling and convincing people.
- Prepared to do administrative tasks and has good organisational skills to plan visits and maintain administration.
- Is eager to learn.
- A stress resistant person who’s willing to help others and manage priorities as needed.
- Capable to work in an often hectic and fast changing environment.
- Motivated, positive and flexible personality and enjoys being part of a team.
- Fluent with MS office.