- Consultant Fiona Hamilton
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Timber Merchants
- Vacancy id 3892
- Salary Details Competitive Remuneration Package
Our client is a leading Timber Importer & Distributor of Timber, and Timber Products. Due to growth & expansion they are seeking a Regional Transport Planner, to lead their Transport Division and be responsible for all aspects of the transport for the Depot.
Reporting to: Depot Director
You will be responsible for managing the execution, direction and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization.
- Effective & efficient organization of the daily routing, ensuring best utilization of the company delivery vehicles.
- To liaise with the drivers regarding any issues.
- Updating the relevant IT systems
- Ensure drivers carry out all vehicle checks, and report and organize any issues that arise.
- To deal with all customer queries regarding delivery times and any other issues.
- Follow company procedures regarding H & S, and also with reporting incidents and accidents.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in the transport or logistics field, with a competent working knowledge of London, East Anglia and the South East
- Knowledge of Regional & Local haulage companies
- Excellent administration & organizational skills
- IT literate , and experience of Excel
- Effective communication skills
- Self motivated and focused with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills