- Consultant Luke Chaplin
- Type Full time
- Product Sector RoofingMerchants / Distributors
- Benefits Pension, X4 Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Vacancy id 4711
- Salary Details £60k Basic, Car/allowance, 25% Bonus
We are retained by one of the UK’s leading specialist distributor Builder merchants who due to continued success in the UK market place are seeking to recruit a Regional Specification Manager.
As Regional Specification Manager, you will be responsible for the generation of specification sales by visiting architects, local authorities, utility companies, and facilities management companies and attending sites such as schools, hospitals and other public buildings. As a Regional Specification Manager, you will be required to develop an extensive and productive contact base and grow key relationships with clients using your expert knowledge in this field. You will be generating specification sales and liaising with clients, main contractors, sub-contractors and manufacturers to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget. Your responsibility is to monitor and track the planning and tender stages of the project cycle, ensuring specification holds.
To identify projects at the planning stage and secure firm specifications
To develop an extensive and productive contact base covering architect’s practices, local authorities, housing associations, house builders, main contractors and other key stakeholders
To monitor and track the planning and tender stages of the project cycle, ensuring the specification holds
To liaise with roofing subcontractors to ensure specification is adhered to and they have confidence in using the products and required account facilities are in place.
To work closely with clients and contractors alike to provide valuable advice and assistance with various specifications and build stages.
To identify projects at later stages and work to switch competitor specifications to Company Products via contractor/specifier negotiations
Successful candidates must have:
- Candidates MUST have a roofing background and experience selling to architects, local authorities, utility companies and facilities management.
- Specification sales experience within the flat roofing sector is essential
- Experience in providing technical sales support to architects, local authorities, utility companies and facilities management customers
- A solution-led approach to sales with the proven capability to maintain margin
- Excellent communications skills
- A strong focus on customer service and building long-term relationships
RELATING TO PEOPLE EXTERNALLY
- Key stakeholders within the following types of organisations:
- House builders
- Property Developers
- Local Authorities / Education sector
- Housing Associations
- Architects Practices
- Main contractors
- Clients of the above as required
- Suppliers (where relevant)
- All roofing sub-contractors tendering for projects
- Industry/trade body operatives
- Expert knowledge required in roofing products and the marketplace
- Experience with associated supply chains for roofing products
- Thorough understanding of applicable British and European standards/ legislation
- Strong knowledge of the construction industry/build cycle
- Exceptional sales skills and professionalism
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving and solution-selling skills
- Capable of Strategic thinking and effective implementation to grow the business.
- Strong business sense and commercial acumen, Business Development expertise and business awareness.
- A high achiever who is systematic and likes to work to demanding goals and targets
- A charismatic Leader with personal presence and strong Communication, people management and Coaching skills
- A strong Customer Focus and in-depth understanding of operations and sales processes.
- Proven influencing ability and the strength to challenge the status quo and manage change.
- Personally, well Organized, a good Planner with structured Problem Solving and Decision-Making ability
- Pragmatic and Resilient
- Proven experience handling and analyzing data.
- Highly proficient in data extraction and manipulation.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Excellent IT Skills
Full UK driving license