- Consultant Luke Chaplin
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Envelope / Build Systems
- Benefits Car + Benefits
- Vacancy id 4618
- Salary Details £50k
We are retained by one of the leading Construction Property Developers in the UK. They are proud to be partners with some of the sector’s most influential organisations. Their team is dedicated to designing and creating inspiring, sustainable spaces where people learn, work and play.
- The day-to-day financial and cost control and reporting of one or more developments from the Award up to and including completion of client and sub-contract final accounts, recovery/discharge of all retentions and completion of archive material.
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects/developments including the provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the Surveying timetable, in particular PPRs, all elemental reconciliations, cash flow forecasts, etc.
- Establishment of appropriate targets/rates and remeasurement/evaluation of labour only/direct labour outputs.
Managing the Process
- Effective cash management includes the pursuit of timely Applications/ Certification/Invoices/internal notices and receipts, careful administration of subcontractor accounts, at all times being cognisant of the need to cultivate effective/longstanding relationships and promote dispute avoidance.
- Keeping the Managing Surveyor informed of the progress of all accounts both Client and Sub-contract through to finalisation, including, the release of retentions.
- Ensuring, in conjunction with the Managing Surveyor, that payments/notices are affected in accordance with the Sub-contract and Construction Act and in particular, ensure any commercial threats to Projects are identified swiftly and communicated to the Managing Surveyor.
- Contract Administration – attending monthly project and client meetings and ensuring that surveying information and cost advice is provided in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Where required, ensuring that the procurement of sub-traders and suppliers is undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner in liaison with the Managing Surveyor, ensuring that packages are robust and buying gain is optimised.
- Timely production of the Main/Subcontract Final Accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to facilitate the optimum result, evaluation of all variations a loss and/or expense issue.
- Health and Safety – All employees have a statutory duty to look after their own safety and to give due consideration to the safety of others. Employees also have specific responsibilities as set out in the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Equality & Diversity – All employees must comply with the Company Equality and Diversity Policy, ensuring that at all times behaviour is fair and non-discriminatory.
Serving the Customer (Internal and External)
- Effective interaction with other members of the project team promoting the commercial perspective on all issues.
- Form and develop relationships with clients, PQS and Design Team.
- Form and develop relationships with the supply chain.
Monitor and Feedback on Performance
- Carry out annual and interim Performance & Development Reviews with assistant and trainee surveyors
- Control attendance
- Identify and act on performance shortfalls or training requirements that may arise during the year
Comply with Company Policy and Employment Legislation, relating to;
- Discipline & Grievance
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Absence Management
Carry out daily / weekly / monthly communication with site team any sub-ordinates
Give and Receive Feedback
Regularly discuss individual and team progress through one-to-one
Support Learning and Development
- Support staff to enable development in line with their PDP
- Encourage progression towards full professional membership, where appropriate
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge and protection of the contractual position
- Commercial skills to maximise value recovery cost control and cash management
- Knowledge and understanding of measurement and valuation
- Preparation and understanding of financial reports
- Knowledge and understanding of final accounts
- Knowledge and understanding of subcontract orders and buying
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook