- Consultant Grant Neale
- Type Full time
- Product Sector M&E Products / Pipes
- Benefits CAR ALLOWANCE + PENSION + 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + MOBILE + LAPTOP + EXCELLENT CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITES
- Vacancy id 4266
- Salary Details HIGH BASIC SALARY (£50,000 – NEGOCIABLE D.O.E) + GENEROUS COMPANY PERFORMANCE RELATED BONUS
Are you a driven, high calibre, talented, outgoing, organised and ambitious PROJECT MANAGER with experience and a proven track record in managing and delivering complex high-value Lift & Escalator projects?
Are you comfortable dealing with multiple stakeholders at a variety of different levels, have an in-depth understanding of the ways and workings of the lift sector and ultimately the entire construction and project cycle from inception through to completion?
If so, we are working with a dynamic, forward-thinking, commercially astute Lift and Escalator consultancy who due to strong growth is seeking to recruit a PROJECT MANAGER to join their already well-established team across the United Kingdom and Europe.
We are very proud to be working closely alongside this well-recognised brand whereby the main objective along with bringing like-minded professionals into the business is to help them achieve their goals in the short, medium and long term.
With a strong worldwide presence and boasting strong client relationships. Our client is a full-service lift and escalator consultancy firm specialising in providing integrated vertical transportation advice and project management services. They provide lift and escalator consultant services across the commercial, leisure, financial, retail, education, health, transport and aviation markets throughout the UK and globally for a range of public and private sector clients
The purpose of the Project Manager role is to support the Regional Manager, Senior Consultants and Consultants in the office.
The Project Manager provides key information regarding all active projects, as requested.
Act as support contact and information resource for all active customers within the assigned service area.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed in this position. They are not intended to prescribe or restrict the assignments that may be made by management.
- Participate in specific aspects of project development, including but not limited to New and modernisation projects, Maintenance Management, and Due Diligence for Vertical Transportation (VT) systems. Phases include Survey and Report, Design Development, Schematic Design, Construction Documents, Bidding and Negotiation, and Construction Administration.
- Support Office with task and billing scheduling active projects to ensure client satisfaction, quality, timeliness of delivery, and timely billing and collecting for all active projects.
- Provide scheduled and requested reports to business support functions and leadership as requested, including but not limited to Submittal Review, Progress Reviews, and Final Reviews, Follow-up Reviews, and Deficiency lists.
- Develop analysis tools for various VT metrics.
- Serve as liaison for all parties involved in ongoing projects (i.e., Client, Consultant, and Contractor).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience required; ideally from within the lift industry however a strong aligned engineering and M&E construction Project Manager would be considered.
- Takes personal accountability and initiative in completing tasks efficiently and with accuracy.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of the construction industry, including knowledge in the following areas: mid and/or high-rise building design, specifications of VT equipment.
- Knowledge and adherence to applicable industry BS/EN codes, standards and safety rules.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to support the design and implementation of systems with the Regional Manager, Senior Consultants and Consultants as assigned, as well as the work and time of self and others.
- Highly organised and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deductive reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to learn and maintain current knowledge and understanding of operational and equipment trends within the Vertical Transportation Industry.
- Ability to execute tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to professionally represent our client in communication, interactions and attire and hygiene with customers, the public and others.
- Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hat or another safety requirement of the company or the general contractor when performing on-site, fieldwork, audits, surveys, construction administrative services, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Acrobat, Bluebeam, and PowerPoint.
Education or Formal Training
- Trade Recognised: J Modules, NVQ 3/ 4, EOR 202,
- MSc Lift Engineering (ideal not essential)
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or Business Administration preferred.
Location NORTH UK (M6 | M62 | M1 CORRIDOR)
HOME | FIELD-BASED – CANDIDATE MUST BE PREPARED TO TRAVEL FURTHER AFIELD WHEN REQUIRED