- Consultant Ben Becker
- Type Full time
- Product Sector HVAC / Ventilation / Cooling
- Benefits Car/Allowance, Mobile, Laptop, Etc
- Vacancy id 4313
- Salary Details Competitive Basic Salary
Our Clients are a UK market leading manufacturer, Distributor and service provider with an incredible history going back over 150 years, manufacturing air management Solutions and providing ongoing aftercare service and maintenance. They maintain their market position by ongoing research and development backed by unmatched customer service and technical support.
Reporting to Head of Projects
To deliver projects encompassing products from all areas of our client’s business, ensuring the highest possible standards are met in terms of company and customer expectations.
- Take ownership of a project from the point of customer order and manage it through to completion. This will typically involve design, manufacturing, delivery, installation and commissioning phases.
- Produce detailed programmes of work and chair regular meetings with external customers and internal stakeholders to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Liaise with customers to understand any changes to their requirements and then convey them to their Technical / CAD departments to enable design/drawing revisions.
- Undertake thorough site surveys, obtaining information to enable detailed design work by their Technical / CAD departments. Once this has been done, return to the site and prove their drawings prior to commencing manufacture.
- Communicate with their production and procurement departments to monitor progress and control costs through the project to ensure it is delivered on time and within budget, submitting regular financial and progress reports.
- Write detailed site-specific risk assessments and method statements, ensuring compliance with all necessary Health & Safety legislation.
- Manage their own installation teams and sub-contractors, attending site as required to monitor the quality and progress of their installations and obtain final sign-off / acceptance of their work.
- Submit interim project valuations, payment applications and invoice claims.
- Monitor and control change requests, submit pricing as required and obtain variation instructions from customers.
- Identify non-conformances, record them on their database and be proactive with leading lessons learned meetings/discussions to avoid recurrence.
- Project Management experience is essential, ideally with a manufacturing company specialising in either Air Handling Units or Acoustic Containers / Enclosures.
- Must have experience of working in a high-pressure, customer-facing role managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Basic AutoCAD skills are preferable.
- IOSH, NEBOSH, Engineering and Project Management qualifications would be beneficial.
Career progression pathways within the UK and worldwide through multi-disciplinary business teams including manufacturing, product development and specialist installations.
Location/Area NATIONWIDE (This is a home-based role)