- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Products
- Benefits Contributory Pension Scheme+ Staff Discount Contributory Travel And Health Scheme+ Full Support And Training
- Vacancy id 3999
- Salary Details Competitive Salary
Do you have solid experience in the setup of a distribution centre? Do you have a good understanding of supply chain principles? Our client is looking for the right individual to design and implement a brand new national distribution centre to make for a more agile supply chain.
Our client is a national Construction and Civils engineering product company – they are serious about pipe, drainage and storm water management! And it’s more interesting than it might first sound – promise! For the right person this is an exciting role, offering lots of variety.
This is a project role and the right person will join their team on a (12 months temporary basis) to be responsible for the full management and set up of a distribution centre, including the redesigning of their supply chain. Not only will you manage this project from start to finish, you will plan, implement and monitor the overall supply chain strategy in order to maximize efficiency and productivity. A sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on the company’s success is critical.
Whilst this role is predominantly office based some regular travel within the UK will be necessary. The position is located at their branch near Manchester, so you will either be based there or be able to be there approx. 3 days a week mixed with working from home.
- Manage the successful implementation of a Central Distribution facility
- Prepare and present recommendations of improvement and alternative courses of action to senior management
- Implement agreed solutions for process improvements specifically to reduce logistics costs, improve customer service and improve inventory accuracy
- Identify process bottlenecks and inefficiencies and implement solutions within agreed budgets and timeframes
- Collaborate with Sales, Branch Operations, and Buying / Category Management Teams to optimise customer service
- Determine key supply chain KPIs
- Provide constructive feedback
- Build and maintain good relationships with suppliers working with them to lower the end to end cost to serve and demonstrate that our client is the best RTM for their products
- Previous experience of setting up a national distribution facility/ network
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to collaborate with a range of stakeholders, including suppliers.
- Proactive and driven to overcome obstacles to deliver success through well considered plans.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- An analytical mind with the ability to build the organisations strategy into supply chain plans.
- Data analysis and forecasting.
- Team player able to operate cross functionally and across multiple sites and teams.
- A high level of project planning and organisational skills to deliver successful plans to budget and on time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience as Supply Chain Manager/ Project Manager or similar role.
- Proven experience in successfully operating distribution centres.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software