- Consultant Fiona Hamilton
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Windows /Doors /Joinery
- Benefits Benefits
- Vacancy id 5031
- Salary Details Competitive remuneration package and attractive bonus scheme
Our client is a leading design & manufacturing specialising in Bespoke Joinery and due to expansion, they have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Production Manager. This is a Senior Management role and requires a proven track record in a manufacturing background ideally from the timber or joinery sector and be conversant with the latest innovative manufacturing techniques.
Reporting to: Managing Director
As Production Manager, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the production facility and will be responsible for leading, and motivating the production team, and will also oversee the whole manufacturing process whilst continually improving and developing. As Production Manager, you will be primarily responsible for planning and determining the optimal utilisation of the manufacturing team and equipment to meet production goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities of The Production Manager
- Develop and implement production schedules to optimize efficiency and minimize waste
- Be responsible for all manufacturing processes, driving a safety-first environment ensuring all processes and procedures are adhered to
- Identify and utilise methods for making production processes more
- Analyse manufacturing data and identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvements
- Ensure compliance with all relevant fire, environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Drive the business forward with the successful implementation of new innovative ideas
- Ensure that customers, quality, regulatory, and internal requirements are met or exceeded
- Harness a culture within the operation where individuals feel able to challenge the status quo and encourage feedback from all levels
Production Manager -Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Strong communication skills to actively listen to stakeholders and clearly verbalise ideas and action plans
- Strong analytical skills to determine problems within the production process and take appropriate action.
- A proven track- record of the implementation of policies and procedures to maximise output
- Excellent organisational skills in planning production schedules and the availability of necessary materials machinery and equipment.
- Good time management skills to minimize downtime
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety
- Experience working in a leadership role, ideally within Timber or related materials background
- Effective communication skills
- Customer-focused with sound commercial skills.
- Good IT skills & PC literate.