- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Products
- Benefits PENSION, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS
- Vacancy id 3920
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE (DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE) + PERFORMANCE RELATED BONUS
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager with strong leadership skills looking to enhance your career with an internationally recognised brand?
If so, we are working with a leading manufacturer and supplier of safety at height solutions that are expanding their business due to an increase in demand for their high quality products.
As a global manufacturer with sales, distribution and warehousing facilities across Europe, USA, Mexico, Canada, China, Australia and the United Kingdom, our Client has established themselves as a market leader in the supply of safety at height solutions, offering unrivaled value to their customers through their strong portfolio of brands.
With over 3,000 employees across 12 countries, our Client believes that their people are the cornerstone of their success and are committed to proving career opportunities, professional development opportunities, along with competitive salaries and benefits to those who join them.
The purpose of your role will be to provide leadership, management, and inspiration to a dedicated team of professionals to integrate the development of new and innovative solutions to product designs. Direct the daily activities of product management, product design, specification, development, testing, and documentation. Responsible for providing technical support and training to Sales and Marketing in coordination with manufacturing processes. Work directly with domestic & international manufacturing operations teams and sourced suppliers on projects and initiatives to achieve ‘best in class’ manufacturing cost performance. Collaborate in short & long term strategic planning activities for product design in the ongoing life cycle management of products, packaging, services, and engineering infrastructure.
You will be responsible for providing support to the following business areas:
Engineering & Product Management Infrastructure:
- Manage capacity and priorities to ensure optimal support to product development, commercial support and cost down activities.
- Responsible for driving an environment where individuals consistently recognize each other’s skills and work together to achieve common business goals
- Ensure that processes are in place to enable efficient NPD and support across all locations.
- Continuously improve and advance the technical and execution capability of the team through skills, tools, training, systems, and process investment.
- Participate in all talent review development to maximize on individual’s potential to ensure optimal succession planning for overall engineering team.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Leads across our European locations.
New Product Development:
- Managerial responsibility on all product related activities to ensure a successful launch and execution of new products throughout the various phases of the NPD stage-gate process.
- Responsible for providing a rolling 3-year product roadmap in conjunction with the business and group needs to fulfill the strategic plan from senior management.
- Stay up to date by participating in Technical Trade shows and transferring knowledge into engineering organization.
- Drive improvements in productivity and product features throughout areas of existing product designs utilizing new technologies that emerge where applicable (extrusion, webbing, fabrication, assembly, plastics).
- Participate in intellectual property review process for application of new patents where applicable and ensure existing competitor patents are not infringed in conjunction with new product development projects.
- Participate in BS and EN (European Norm) related task force and subcommittees.
- Understand and follow the Quality Management System.
Professional Skills & Experience Required:
Degree in Engineering or a related subject or qualified by relevant experience.
- Managerial – proven experience of Manager/Director responsibilities in a Product Engineering department or organization. Preferably to have worked with international design centers and manufacturing/supplier partners.
- Experience of working with commercial functions to drive NPD and decisions
- Experience of working with a diverse portfolio of products required.
- Industry background where customer/end user safety and product liability, cost (material, manufacture/assembly, packaging), weight and time to market are key.
- Design and Development Capability – proven experience of designing products for professional, hardware, or retail channels of distribution.
- Cross-functional activities – proven experience of working with other functional members to have a good understanding of requirements to do each job (production, scheduling, inventory management, product design & testing, manufacturing processes).
- Project Management – experience of managing projects or programs with major focus on cross-functional approach.
- Talent development and people leadership and management skills (direct and indirect); demonstrates understanding of the difference.
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to work well with all levels of the organization in a matrix environment to drive change
- Proficiency in MS Office products to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly competent in the use of Solidworks and understanding of the software.
- Understanding and appreciation of ERP systems
- Project Management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- People Management Skills (direct and Indirect)
- Strong commercial awareness
- Process development and implementation