- Consultant Grant Neale
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Interiors
- Benefits Travel Allowance @ £6,600pa, Standard Life Pension, Vitality Insurance, Mobile, Laptop, 25 Days Holiday & 3 Charity Days Per Annum + Birthday Off + Strong Career Advancement Opportunities
- Vacancy id 4654
- Salary Details High Basic Salary £60,000 D.O.E (more Is Not Off The Table For The Right Candidate), Unlimited Earning Potential (TBD)
Are you an extremely motivated, dedicated and methodical account management and new business-focused SALES MANAGER with experience in promoting design-led Commercial Interior Products, Furniture, Workspace & Interior Fit Out Solutions to End User Clients (Corporate & Major Occupying and SMEs), Architects & Interior Designers?
Are you also familiar with project tracking and working closely with Project Managers and Quantity Surveying teams with a view to insulating the project and sale from inception through to completion? If so, this could be exactly what you are looking for.
We are very proud to be collaborating with an industry-leading and ultra-respected Furniture, Workspace and Interior Fit Out Solutions company who due to exciting growth and expansion plans are seeking to recruit an experienced SALES MANAGER to join their very dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial team with responsibility for promoting their full solution offering in London & South East with a specific emphasis on End User clients (70%) and the Architectural & Design fraternity (30%)
General Purpose of the Role:
To find and win new business along with organically growing, developing and performance managing existing accounts but equally as important is to be fully prepared to be part of a likeminded, friendly, hardworking team and be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get involved even in other areas of the business when needed!
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is multifunctional and will involve dealing with all customer groups in a strategic fashion with new business and long-term client retention being the main function.
This opportunity will give the successful candidate an exceptional platform to create and build their own role within the business in the medium to long term with the full backup and support of everyone within the business
You will be working as part of a team to develop a sales and market share in the commercial office arena.
Principally responsible for the development of projects, relationships and sales in the commercial segment of the business.
- Find, pitch and secure new business sales within an agreed profile.
- Manage and grow existing accounts
- Pitch to end-user clients and ‘professional’ teams to win business.
- Pro-Active sales role.
- Develop and forge relationships with key decision makers within Corporate & Major Occupying and SME’s End User clients and Architects & Interior Designers.
- Contribute to overall sales strategy with Sales Director.
- Front-end sales, being able to lead & influence the client and be credible and trusted with decision making (internally & externally)
- Liaison with clients & professionals across all disciplines & departments to ensure all requirements are covered.
- Find, develop and refer opportunities to the sales team.
- Network with key industry representatives within the group and with external prospects to gain first-class knowledge of key opportunities in the marketplace.
- Work within the business and sales teams to develop their own opportunities.
- Maximise margin opportunities through negotiation with suppliers.
- Manage & coordinate internal resources and assist in producing pitch & marketing documents for presentations.
- Running of projects with a key focus on driving sales & margin.
- Overall responsibility for running projects to closure with the support of the operational teams.
- Exposure to CRM system to develop an agreed sales strategy
- It is the responsibility of the salesperson to ensure that all information acquired through attending appointments, pitches, client/project meetings, telephone calls etc. is uploaded and continuously updated in the CRM system throughout the project lifecycle up until the point of completion, with the latest information including but not limited to e.g. email addresses, Sq ft. info, action dates, building information, company information etc.
- The CRM process includes the use of dashboards and the completion of data for sales forecasting at month end. Completion of the entire CRM process is seen as a business-critical function and failure to comply with the process could lead to a performance review.
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience managing commercial furniture projects.
- Understanding of the commercial parameters.
- Comprehensive understanding of FF&E, cable management, Ergonomics/Ergonometric (as known as Human Factors) and sustainability
- Ability to make commercial decisions independently.
- Minimum 5 -7 years of Furniture or closely aligned commercial interiors industry sales experience.
- Ability to manage clients at all levels.
- Established client and professional contacts preferably with End users & A&D are ESSENTIAL
- A true passion for design and well-being in the workplace
- Strong commercial acumen with a wider sales outlook.
- Professional and charismatic.
- Highly motivated with a strong ability to open and close
- Presentable & sociable.
- Dynamic & enthusiastic personality.
- High level of drive to achieve and succeed.
- A high level of confidence enables a strong impact to be made on others.
- Ability to hold others’ attention and influence decisions.
- Articulate & Numerate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Self-motivated individual who can work well either on their own or in a team.
- Candidates must have a background in Commercial Interior Products or services, Furniture and Workspace solutions
- Ability to manage own area, and introduce tailored customer solutions to drive sales forward.
- Proven track record and a proactive approach to Solution Selling and having strong existing relationships with the required route to market in London
- Competent IT skills are required – MS Office, Word, Outlook etc.
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist in the closing of sales opportunities.
- A high degree of professionalism and an exceptional understanding of the specification design process with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
- Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside colleagues internally and externally to deliver customer service excellence.