Consultant Neil Cook
Type Full time
Product Sector Building Envelope Products
Benefits BONUS & CAR
Vacancy id 3908
Salary Details EXCELLENT BASIC
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of roofing products and construction membranes and due to their continued growth and success they are seeking a NATIONAL SALES MANAGER to focus on the development of sales for their range of construction membranes throughout the UK.
This is a national role. Its purpose is to deliver sales and objectives in line with company strategy by targeting opportunities and requirements within the modular construction market, through specification professionals, contractors and developers.
The Person Required
The successful candidate will have experience within the timber/laminate/steel frame and modular construction market, working with specification professionals, contractors and developers. They will be a self-starter and proactive. The ability to establish and develop and maintain relationships with key influencers and decision makers is important; therefore communication skills, organizational ability, professionalism and attention to detail are essential characteristics.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify business opportunities and generate new leads.
- Generate new business by showing your professionalism; work to position our client as a preferred supplier through education of products/services and excellent customer service.
- Develop and manage relationships with end users and specification professionals and act as technical resource.
- Provide oversight for project delivery; ensure that work being done is consistent with specifications.
- Identify business opportunities and specific usage areas where our client’s products could be used.
- Contact and visit customers in order to identify and understand needs, provide technical support, and advise on product selection decisions
- Ensure that sales targets are met in line with the company KPI’s
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in the timber frame, cross laminates timber or steel frame industry is essential.
- Ideally you will have experience selling technical construction membranes within the building industry.
- An existing network within the modular construction market would be an advantage.
- Ability to open doors and generate new customers as well as managing and maintaining the client base developed.
- Capability of working both individual and in a team
- A track record of meeting targets and objectives
- Good communication skills, representative of the company.
- Capable of adapting approach to the various decision influencers and makers (up to and incl. head-office level) and groups of customers.
- A flexible and enthusiastic team player that is also able to work on their own.
- Ability to think in creative solutions.