- Consultant Luke Chaplin
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Tools / Fixings / Consumables / DIY
- Benefits Executive Benefits Package
- Vacancy id 4351
- Salary Details HIGHLY COMPETITIVE BASIC SALARY+ BONUS PACKAGE
Are you a driven ACCOUNT MANAGER with experience in the supply of Construction Products via the Merchant, DIY and Distribution sectors in the UK?
If so, we are currently working with a Worldwide, internationally recognised market-leading manufacturer of Construction Products who is seeking to recruit a NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER to join their team with responsibility for promoting their products and solutions in the UK.
To spearhead the introduction of our Client’s high quality, innovative, sustainable market-leading range of Construction Products to Builders Merchants, DIY Retailers and Distributors along with Buying Organisations etc.
Our Client is able to offer two supply alternatives the first being as a branded range of products along with the option to supply a ‘white label’ option as required.
Our Client is committed to expansion in the UK and will look to the successful Candidate to be instrumental in building and developing a team in the UK.
- To introduce our Client’s products to all Builders Merchants, Distributors, DIY Retailers and Specialist End Users along with their relevant Buying Organisations.
- Develop and manage relationships with all major Merchants, DIY Retailers and Distributors along with all relevant Buying Organisations.
- Grow Sales within agreed target areas.
- Have strong contacts with Key Distributors and DIY Retailers at the decision-making level along with influencers.
- Have a proven and stable track record of success working with Key Distributors, DIY Retailers and Buying Organisations.
- Understand the process required in the introduction of materials.
- Be able to identify business opportunities.
- Develop a Sales and Marketing plan for execution along with a growth plan including developing a team within the UK.
- Be professional and competent at presenting presentations.
- Be sufficient in promoting solutions on capabilities over and above price.
- Dealing with customers day to day requirements.
- Relevant reports to be completed in the timescales provided.
- Reporting back to the Senior Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Self-motivated individual who can work autonomously but equally as a collaborative member of a team.
- Comfortable with written and spoken English.
- 5 Years experience in supplying the Merchant, DIY and Distribution marketplace.
- Ability to manage and introduce tailored customer solutions to drive sales forward.
- New business-focused with the ability to grow, nurture and develop long term key accounts.
- Track record of Solution Selling to the Construction Material and DIY sectors.
- UK driving license is essential.
- Competent IT skills are required, along with the usage of online meeting platforms.
- Good communication skills with a friendly approach are needed.
- The ability to work under pressure with an excellent attention to detail is paramount.
- Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist the closing of sales opportunities.
- A high degree of professionalism and an exceptional understanding of the procurement process with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
- Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside colleagues internally and externally to deliver customer service excellence.
Our Client is willing to consider candidates who have experience in the sales arena along with Candidates who have experience in National Account Management, who are either currently in employment or are looking to return to work and believe they have the attributes and experience to be successful in the role.
TERRITORY UNITED KINGDOM