- Consultant Luke Chaplin
- Type Full time
- Product Sector M&E Products / Pipes
- Benefits Car Allowance + 22 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays
- Vacancy id 4359
- Salary Details £40K
Drawing on over twenty-five years of experience, they are a leading building services group combining technical expertise and operational excellence with a policy of total quality.
Working throughout the UK, they have a track record of meeting the most exacting standards, adhering to budgets and achieving targets through a highly efficient project management team.
Our Client is a leading complete solution provider of M&E, Store fitting, Construction Management and Asset Replacement within the retail and commercial sectors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage workload.
- IT proficient in Microsoft products, including
- Able to read and understand tender drawings and specifications
- Must have sound knowledge of all mechanical systems including, HVAC, plumbing and heating etc in both commercial and retail environments
- High numeracy levels & commercial awareness are a must alongside a keen eye for detail
- Previous estimating experience beneficial
- Previous onsite experience beneficial
- Responsible for preparing estimates for mechanical projects up to £3m
- Review drawings, carry out take-offs and pull together material, labour & sub-contractor costs to produce a tender
- Negotiate with multiple suppliers & specialist subcontractors
- Prepare submission documents
- Work closely with the mechanical engineer to produce value engineering proposals
- Produce profit forecasts
- Report to senior estimator and commercial manager
- Assisting in preparing variations for project managers
- Work well under pressure to meet tender submission deadlines
- Business development & lead generation.
- Occasional travel to carry out site surveys and meetings