- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Tools / Fixings / Consumables / DIY
- Benefits COMPANY CAR OR CAR ALLOWANCE + BONUS/ PROFIT SHARE
- Vacancy id 4169
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Are you an experienced Marketing Manager looking to enhance your career with a highly regarded brand in the construction products sector?
If so, we are working with a leading distributor of tools who are expanding their business and looking to appoint an experienced Marketing Manager to join their successful team.
With an unrivaled reputation built over 50 years, our Client has established themselves as a leading distributor of tools, accessories and hardware products to the merchant and retail markets throughout the UK and Ireland.
With a Nationwide reach through their strategically placed warehouses, our Client is able to provide their customers with over 30,000 products from over 260 leading and specialist brands allowing them to deliver products to suit every trade and budget
Their workforce of over 200 dedicated professionals is the cornerstone of their success to date and they have an ethos of passion, vision and ambition that can be seen across the entire business.
Reporting to: Product & Marketing Director
As part of a small and dedicated Marketing Department, you will be responsible for improving our Client’s sales & margin return from customers through a better understanding of what their customers, both current and future, require and by improving/developing their offer to meet these desires.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify new & emerging markets and channels, developing profitable business plans to enter them.
- To lead the research and collation of data on their customers, markets, competitors, suppliers and other stakeholders. Use this information to formulate plans to profitably exploit new opportunities.
- To manage the presentation of their customer offer in terms of merchandising & planograms and to assist in the delivery of their Category Management programme.
- To analyse and interpret sales data using the results to improve their overall customer offer.
The role will work across many functions the key interactions being with:
- Marketing Peer Group
- Product Managers
- E-Commerce Team
- Local & National Sales Management
- Branch Managers
- Exclusive Brands Management
In order to succeed in this role, you will need to be able to work collaboratively across the business presenting clear arguments to drive improvement and change.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- The ideal Candidate should have a background in business to business marketing ideally supported with a marketing/business qualification. Experience of working in a wholesale distribution environment is considered more important than detailed product knowledge of tools and building materials although both are desirable.
- Have the ability to form strong working relationships across multiple functions being able to influence stakeholders, handle complexity and perform across a matrixed organisation.
- Possess strong analytical (Excel) and influencing skills and be able to work as a self-starter and confidently take decisions.
- A solid commercial understanding recognising the impact of your actions on the financials of the business.
- Possess a positive, proactive and results driven style being able to identify creative solutions to challenges.
- Be the person with the new ideas and enjoy the challenge of change.
- Be comfortable presenting your ideas to all levels of the business.
For the right Candidate, our Client offers a competitive salary package along with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.