- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Products
- Benefits 28 Days Holiday, Pension, Continued Professional Development
- Vacancy id 3973
- Salary Details Negotiable Depending On Experience
Are you a marketing professional and an experienced mentor looking to enhance your career with a well established brand in the construction industry?
If so, we are delighted to offer the opportunity for a Marketing Lead to join our Client’s successful business at an exciting time in their development.
With their mission to build a sustainable future for the construction industry and their focus on delivering a first-class service to their customers, the company has established themselves as one of the UK’s leading suppliers of construction products and continues to go from strength to strength in the specialist markets it serves.
They operate across the country, stocking in excess of 40 product ranges encompassing a impressive 15,000 products. They pride themselves on their ability to deliver products to their customers quickly and efficiently.
Their ethos is that the best solutions are found by the best teams, which is why they continuously invest in their people to develop and improve their skills and expertise and help them achieve their professional goals.
They recruit people who have a genuine interest in their customers, take pride in their work and enjoy finding solutions to customer’s challenges.
As part of their plans to expand their business and ensure they get the right message to their customers at the right time, they are now looking to appoint a new colleague to lead their small multi-talented marketing team at their offices in Carlisle.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, The Marketing Lead will be responsible for shaping and growing the business’ unique offering in one of the construction industry’s fastest growing and dynamic sectors by working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve marketing and organisational goals.
You will also be responsible for leading and mentoring a multi-disciplined team in order to deliver real impact to the business.
The role offers a lot of variety to the right person and you’ll need to be a proactive, ambitious, strategic and forward thinking individual to be successful.
The role will also require a degree of Nationwide travel.
The duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead and manage day-to-day activities across the marketing function.
- Develop, implement and coordinate strategic marketing plans and campaigns.
- Assist with drawing-up annual budgets and assume day-to-day financial control and reporting.
- Develop and deliver tactical plans to support successful delivery of the company strategy.
- Manage and monitor the performance of all external agencies. Assisting with the selection of new agencies when required.
- Manage the delivery of events such as conferences, seminars and exhibitions.
- Manage all CRM relevant activities.
- Maintain regular contact with Sales, Commercial and Technical Teams, providing assistance when and where appropriate.
- Work with NPD team to launch all new products and services.
- Attend industry and professional institution events.
- Recruit and train team members as required.
In this role, it is important that you are a hands-on manager with a real drive to understand our Client’s market, their customers and their competitors. You’ll be an all-rounder with knowledge of the full marketing mix and ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels within a business.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Prior experience in a supervisory-level marketing position
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to manage the execution of multiple projects within time and budget.
- Awareness and understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Experience in digital marketing, social media and content creation
- Experience in attending Trade Shows
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to present to mixed-profession internal and external audiences.
- Willingness to learn or an understanding of the structure, operations and issues faced by the construction industry.