- Consultant Luke Chaplin
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Envelope / Build Systems
- Benefits 31 Days Holidays • Pension Scheme • Private Medical Insurance • Rewards Scheme • Life Assurance • Early Finish Friday
- Vacancy id 4735
- Salary Details Salary £37 44k Commensurate With Experience And Qualifications • Company Bonus Scheme
The business prides itself in delivering advanced bespoke engineering solutions to its customers, offering technical advice throughout its projects and meeting their requirements quickly and effectively whilst focusing on the minimum impact on the environment.
They work closely with specialist installers, contractors and architects to develop effective solutions to their requirements, underpinned by rapid pricing, market-leading delivering times and strong technical expertise.
Passion and Integrity are the cornerstones of their success and they only employ individuals with the same ethos.
This is a stand-alone role aimed at attracting an individual who is energetic, ambitious and thrives in working in a demanding and dynamic environment. With multi-site responsibility, you will Business Partner with your stakeholders to lead, advise and provide governance on all health and safety matters. The focus of this role will be to deliver best practices and excellence through coaching and mentoring your Business Partners to maintain and develop a safety-first and continuous improvement culture, especially with operational management teams
- Responsibility for health, safety, and well-being to deliver a safety-first culture across four sites
- Management of BS ISO:45001 standard across all sites, ensuring Continuous Improvement
- Responsibility for the management and implementation of rigorous risk management systems
- Work in partnership with HR to ensure all health & safety training and education are implemented
- Management of health & safety compliance schedule, internal audits, and inspections to include hygiene
- Set, monitor, report and communicate on KPIs, weekly, monthly, and annually ensuring continuous improvements across all KPIs.
- Manage reporting and investigation procedures for accidents and incidents and implement solutions to reduce and prevent reoccurrence.
- Lead and implement behavioural cultural change programmes to deliver best practices and excellence in relation to all aspects of health & safety.
- Work with Business Partners to implement the health & safety strategy incorporating education, culture, compliance and setting and improving behaviours and standards.
- Develop and implement short, medium and long-term activities and innovative preventative programs for sustained health and safety performance and continually enhance the safety culture.
- Provide advice specific to the business, acting as a technical expert to; direct, lead and coach site leadership to ensure Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment.
- Management of maintaining and continuous improvement of all health & safety policies ensuring that local legislation requirements are met by keeping up to date with legislation across all jurisdictions
- Represent the organisation to external third parties (e.g. customers, contractors, HSENI)
- Demonstrate resiliency and ambition to build and drive sustainable manufacturing excellence
- Demonstrate a change instigator mindset to lead their continuous improvement and change the culture
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Assessment Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma
- A minimum of 3 years experience gained in a manufacturing environment, operating at an Officer level
- Experience in managing BS ISO:45001 standard
- Thorough knowledge of current H&S legislation
- Membership of IOSH
- Knowledge of H&S Legislation for the UK & Ireland
- ISO Auditor
- Strong Influencing & Persuading Skills
- A change instigator who can take people with them
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and scheduling
- Evidence of delivering and maintaining a continuous improvement culture
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with a sense of urgency
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office suite
- Able to work flexible hours as required
- Travel to sites across UK & Ireland
- Normal colour vision
- Possess a full current driving licence