- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Construction
- Vacancy id 4041
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE + REWARDS PACKAGE
Our client, a manufacturer of Construction Products is looking for a reliable Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team with responsibility for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Manager perform various functions in ensuring this organisation adheres to safety and environmental regulations in the workplace. The major tasks, duties and responsibilities that constitute the work activities of the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager are set out below
RESPONSIBILITIES – Health & Safety:
- Actively monitor, evaluate, review and develop the Company’s health and safety risk management policies and procedures, to ensure the business is compliant with all current regulation and statutory legislation.
- Ensure that all H&S policies and procedures are clearly communicated and implemented consistently throughout the company via documented training to all employees.
- Review all existing Company risk assessments / Safe Systems of work and update / amend to ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant standards, codes of practice and legislation.
- Ensure that all risk control measures are implemented and that they identify and manage all relevant hazards. Where gaps are identified, update existing documents / undertake assessments to identify and manage those risks.
- Ensure that appropriate incident / accident management plans and systems are in place to ensure that such matters are thoroughly investigated and effectively dealt with.
- Carry out accident and near miss investigations and ensure where applicable reports are submitted to the controlling authorities in line with RIDDOR regulations.
- Maintain the accident and near miss database and prepare reports for board, committee and canteen meetings
- Carry out regular Health and Safety toolbox talks with all employees in order to alert them of significant issues and reinforce compliance with procedures and policies.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented, record and report all inspection findings to the board of Directors, senior Management and the workforce.
- Carry out Health and Safety inductions with all new employees and visitors
- Liaise with external Health and Safety competent person advisers / consultants and assist with their site inspections / audits.
- Work proactively with the board of directors, Managers and other relevant staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety risk within their areas of responsibility.
- Organise and chair regular Safety committee meetings with the works safety representatives and senior Management.
- Co-ordinate and Liaise with external occupational Health Surveillance Service and ensure that where issues are identified, appropriate training is given, and control measures are developed to the extent that it is reasonably practicable.
- Undertake the planning, implementation and recording of fire drills and other evacuation procedures to ensure the Company is compliant with statutory duties.
- Assist site contract managers where required with site Health and Safety Audits and the preparation of site risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Actively lead and promote a positive health and safety culture within the business and drive continuous improvement throughout the Company.
- Ensure a proactive approach to, and compliance with all policies and procedures that impact on the delivery of effective health and safety systems, including data protection.
- Liaising with HSE and other relevant regulatory authorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Environmental:
- Implementing environmental policies and practices.
- Devising strategies to meet targets and to encourage best practice
- Devising the best tools and systems to monitor performance and to implement strategies
- Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation.
- Assessing, analysing and collating environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies.
- Confirming that materials, ingredients and so on are ethically or environmentally sourced.
- Managing environmental strategy budgets.
- Acting as champion or cheerleader for environmental issues within the organisation.
- Provide environmental training to staff at all levels.
- Keeping up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislation and initiatives.
- Producing educational or information resources for internal staff, clients or public.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies such as Environment Agency or local Authority