- Consultant Grant Neale
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Ironmongery / Access Control / Security
- Benefits CAR OR CAR ALLOWANCE + PENSION + HEALTHCARE + D.I.S + 25 DAYS HOLIDAY
- Vacancy id 4047
- Salary Details HIGHLY COMPETITIVE INDUSTRY LEADING BASIC SALARY + EXCELLENT ADDITONAL EARNINGS REWARDS / INCENTIVE SCHEME
Are you a strategic, motivational, inspirational, high calibre SALES LEADER | HEAD OF UK SALES with experience in managing, directing and growing SALES, DESIGN & ESTIMATING teams who are responsible for promoting Technical products, services and solutions through Architects, Consultants, Main and Specialist Contractors, Security & System Integrators and End User clients?
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading Manufacturers and Suppliers of Innovative Specialist Security, HVM, Entrance Systems and Access Control products and service solutions utilised in many of the major buildings, public and sensitive infrastructure areas throughout the UK and the world.
Our Client has over 30 years’ experience specialising in high security entrance control solutions in the UK and international Security Industry and have developed product groups delivering quality security solutions to high demanding areas.
These sectors include critical national infrastructure such as airports, data centres and central government along with corporate clients and leisure.
Being the driving force behind winning business and growth!
You will lead your team in building strong relationships with National Main Contractors, Architects, Consultants, Security Integrators and End Users. In addition, you will drive the development in various verticals, and implement a growth strategy unique to each defined sector.
- Meet & exceed agreed team & personal objectives (Order Intake, Margin, product mix).
- Manage Key clients & relationships directly and by supporting your team to do the same.
- Take responsibility for major or special / high value projects deemed as strategically important as needed.
- Measure, monitor and regulate sales team performance against agreed objectives.
- Provide (with info from the team) regular sales forecasts and other analysis as required.
- Carry out weekly team / individual dialogues or meetings to ensure correct and efficient activity is at the forefront.
- Organise, host and chair regular sales meetings.
- Help Identify and suggest solutions for team training requirements.
- Actively seek to reduce expenditure by reducing travel and promote use of technology.
- When agreed recruit replacement and new sales team members.
- Support and reporting to the Commercial Director to determine sales territories and objectives.
- Contributing ideas to sales and marketing materials and initiatives
- Organise and attend regular meetings with the operational delivery teams to ensure open and clear communications and smooth running of projects as well as great customer communication and feedback.
- Act as the liaison between the sales team and senior management of the business
General & Financial:
- Liaising with other departments within the business to ensure they always provide the right products and services.
- Obtain enough expertise and input from others (internally and externally) to mitigate and eliminate risk to the company both legally and financially.
- To maintain minimum financial performance requirements by ensuring that booked order margin targets are met.
- Maintain correct ‘paper trail’ on all communications, discussions, and negotiations.
- Produce reports as needed, encompassing all areas under your responsibility, this will include a lead-by-lead detail breakdown, pipeline projections and order intake forecasting.
- Champion the use of all company systems and drive better performance with better data.
- Ensure all activity and data are entered correctly on to the systems and that all reports are accurate and up to date.
- Help & Support other teams and departments with training and other input as needed.
- Represent the company at trade shows and other events as needed both domestic and international.
- Ensure regular communication to your line manager and the broader business, sharing information and helping the growth and health of the business in general.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- An established HEAD OF UK SALES | SALES LEADER with a proven track record in profitable business growth, managing, motivating, growing and developing external and internal sales, design and estimating teams
- Knowledge of the Security Products sector – Security Portals, Revolving Doors, Speed Gates, Turnstiles, Access Control, HMV products and services is highly advantageous.
- The ability to identify, influence and implement dynamic marketing material and continuously look for ways to improve company branding.
- The ability to identify current and pivot towards future market trends.
- Planning, presenting and agreeing sales and marketing strategies along with regular forecasting, reporting and marketplace analysis at executive board level.
- Knowledge of the Commercial, Infrastructure and Specialist Security Applications market
- Good understanding of building fabric and exterior and interior security systems
- Confident in conducting CPD Seminars to key specifiers and consultants
- Ability to problem solve in a collaborative, motivational working style.
- Ability to present to senior decision makers inside and outside the business.
- The ability to communicate at all levels and gain a total understanding of all requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Totally motivated, fully dedicated, ambitious
- Excellent team player
- Success driven with a positive attitude
- Technically minded
- A proven track record of stability and success working in a highly confidential and sensitive environment
- Target, success & deadline driven
- Highly self-motivated
- Previous sales management experience in commercial and specialist security solutions products is highly advantageous