- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Merchants / Distributors
- Benefits Company Benefits Including Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Preferential Staff Rates On Purchases, Casual Dress, 23 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays.
- Vacancy id 4527
- Salary Details Excellent Basic Salary
Head of Finance- Construction Products- Hertfordshire
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading specialist distributors of Construction Materials who due to continued success are seeking to recruit a Head of Finance to join their team in Hertfordshire.
Overview of the role
- An exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to develop and grow the overall company’s strategy to support the growth of the business
- The role is an important element of our growth strategy by developing and implementing the company’s financial strategy including development of the financial team to support the growth plans for their branch network and development of their omni channel approach
- Working directly for the Managing Director as a trusted partner, you will be a key member of the Management team and directly influence the direction and success of the business
- Production of annual financial statements and management of audit process
- Management of corporation tax and HMRC relationship
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management account, Board reporting and KPIs including Balance Sheet management and intercompany management and duties with the group.
- Supporting Business partnering with Management Team and Managing Director and together driving the growth of the business
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Production of rolling monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
- Creation and management of annual budgeting process in line with three-year plan
- Creation and Management of Annual and Three-Year Business Plans
- Cashflow reporting and management of working capital in line with business strategy
- Management of commercial and credit insurances and renewals to optimize cover
- Managing Banking and Invoice discounting facilities and relationships and sourcing and evaluation funding to support the growth of the business
Controls and Risk management
- Design and operation of internal control systems to support the business including payroll
- Creation and management of risk management process
- Responsible for developing IT strategy to support the overall growth strategy together with management of the IT function
Staff Management, training and Development
- Manage/Monitor and train and mentor the financial and IT team such that
- they work efficiently and effectively and in a safe working environment.
- Deliver timely, complete and accurate financial information to timelines
- the team achieves its time lined objectives and are performance managed and appraised as required
- Plan and deliver staff training when necessary and maintain staff training and performance records.
Qualifications & Skills
- A commercial, ambitious, customer focused Head of Finance with builders merchants experience with a proven track record as Head of or Director of Finance and a qualified accountant (ACA,CIMA, ACCA) – Desirable
- Experience in developing and implementing financial controls, reporting systems and business partnering, managing cashflow and working capital management
- A Self starter who is independent, hands on, organised and whose decision making is data driven
- Good interpersonal, communication and finance skills with colleagues, customers, suppliers and face to face, on the telephone and by email
- Comfortable working in a casual but motivated small team environment