- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Civil Engineering / Drainage / Landscape
- Benefits 24 Days Holiday, Pension Scheme, Continuous Training And Development
- Vacancy id 4150
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE PACKAGE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Are you a Geotechnical Engineering professional looking to enhance your career with a leading brand in construction and civil engineering?
Due to an increase in demand for their products and solutions, we are delighted to offer the opportunity for a Geotechnical Design Engineer to join our Client’s successful business at an exciting time in their development within the UK market.
With a reputation as one of the UK’s leading designers and suppliers of specialist solutions for the Civil Engineering industry built over 30 years, our Client is looking to appoint a Geotechnical Design Engineer to assist their technical team.
As a member of the Technical Dept, the role is involved with the design and detailing of a geotechnical and ground stabilisation solutions for small and large projects. The team includes Engineers and Technicians, and activities are based around projects being tendered and active schemes.
The role requires you to be a highly motivated individual with initiative, self-confidence, excellent communications skills, flexibility and adaptability, with the drive and ability to work under their own direction or within a small team of professionals. Be keen to develop their individual capability and that of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Production of geotechnical designs
- Liaising With Internal and External Clients, Contractors and Consultants.
- Ensuring work output conforms to specifications and Standard/Code requirements
- Providing design office support to production departments
- Provide technical and design support to sales team
- Assist with drawing queries from estimating & commercial staff on technical matters regarding product use
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to the job.
- Carry out any other reasonable request made by line manager to support departmental or company objectives.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- HNC, HND/BEng, BSc or similar level qualification in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- Experience of design in a civil engineering environment would be an advantage but not required
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Good time management skills, with ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
- Knowledge of Eurocodes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people including clients, contractors and consultants
- Be highly motivated
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Hold a valid driving license
Our Client’s business is rapidly expanding. Therefore, they are therefore able to offer a competitive package along with excellent career opportunities to the right Candidate.
This role would also suit a graduate looking to develop a career in geotechnical design.