- Consultant Fiona Hamilton
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Timber & Joinery
- Benefits EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- Vacancy id 3828
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE
Are you an experienced Manager that has experience working in the Timber / Timber Manufacturing Sector.
If so, the opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK’s leading Manufacturers of Timber & Timber Products, Timber Frame & Roof Trusses that due to expansion and are seeking a General Manager to lead and support their team.
Our Client’s success has been built on consistency in the quality of their timber, timber products and their excellent customer service along with their comprehensive involvement in the sector, continually growing and expanding the company and their industry knowledge.
They have Nationwide Coverage in the United Kingdom and also Ireland, and have been supplying high quality timber products to Merchants, Manufacturers & end users. Celebrating over 100 years of success in the Timber Sector, the business is looking to continue its growth and development with the appointment of a new member of their sales team.
Our Client is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional to manage and co-ordinate the activities and driving on going improvement throughout the business. You will have experience the timber manufacturing / processing sector and an excellent track record in good manufacturing practices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and manage the operations of the production department and support functions.
- To ensure the Depot meets its service and customer quality goals through effective management.
- Establish strong working relationships with all departments.
- Recommend & implement continuous improvements to H & S standards
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Manage, coach and lead production team, and all support staff
- Ensure that all procedures relating to any aspect of product manufacturing are fully implemented and adhered to
- Ensure all maintenance/servicing of machinery & vehicles up to date & documented.
- Experienced in Timber Manufacturing / Production
- Experience at operating at a similar level within a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to work to deadlines; and working in a pressurized environment
- Organized and communicative at all levels
- Computer literate on Microsoft Windows, Word & Excel
- Passionate about meeting both Customer & Company expectations.
All necessary training in relevant aspects of our Client’s business will be provided