- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Roofing
- Benefits 28 Days Holiday (Including Statutory) Continuous Training And Development, Monday To Friday 8.30 Am 5.00 Pm
- Vacancy id 4122
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE (DOE)
Are you interested in joining a renowned supplier of construction access equipment?
With a history that spans over 20 years, our Client has grown into one of the UK’s most successful suppliers of access equipment, offering a wide range of solutions to developers, commercial, industrial and residential Clients including Taylor Wimpey, Redrow, McCarthy & Stone and Bloor Homes.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company whose services are held in high regard at an exciting stage in their development in the UK construction sector.
Key Responsibilities of the role
Reporting to: Managing Director
As the Facilities Manager you will be responsible for to leading and managing the smooth running of our Client’s two locations, you will oversee and manage every stage of procurement, transport and premises for the whole of the business. Working closely with your peer group and the Managing Director, this role holds pivotal responsibility for optimising stock movement, procurement and sales net margins.
You will apply your proactive approach to positively influence supply chains, stock levels and contract margins. This may be through improved processes, supplier terms, improved visibility and reporting and greater collaboration with your peer group and your team.
- Responsible for the development, performance, and maintenance of all the business’s transport to produce an efficient service, maximising service and value
- Managing team members
- Ensuring transport financial performance is within budget
- Recruiting, organising, and managing Lorry drivers
- Overseeing and managing vehicle maintenance
- DVSA Compliance
- Daily route planning and schedules ensuring collections and deliveries are timely and cost effective.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of site infrastructure
- Plan and project manage future capacity requirements
- Keeping a commercial eye on project costs and variations
- Ensuring that our 2 operating sites conforms to all budgetary, service, security, stock integrity, health and safety and other legal requirements.
- Manage stock control and inventory checks and be responsible for entire stock flow within the operation.
- Negotiating and reviewing with suppliers, T&C’s, rates and service provided to meet the quality standards
- Identify and lead cost reduction projects on materials, consumables, equipment and services
- Review and develop the overall supply chain strategy in line with the business plan, Identify, select, and develop supplier partnerships
- Develop and maintain ordering methods, rolling delivery schedules and materials control
- Develop and encourage a talented team and create robust succession plans for current and future key roles.
- Ensure effective communication to the Executive team.
- Communicating planned requirements providing information on performance.
- Work with Commercial, Finance and Operations Management to help deliver sales output plan
- Ensure that budgets are adhered to and all levels of expenditure are within the set portfolio targets.
- Manage and report on budget, KPI performance targets and identify opportunities to deliver change initiatives to improve performance and maximize profitability
Key Knowledge and Experience required
The successful candidate will be an experienced and passionate Facilities Manager, ideally having prior Construction sector experience. An all-encompassing role you will need a diverse skill set including 3rd party contractor management experience, compliance, negotiation, H&S management, projects and the ability to work within a wider team. As a highly influential communicator, you build trust and rapport across all settings, building strong business partnerships and supply chains.
- Previous experience in an FM role
- Proficient IT skills MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
- BIFM accreditation desirable
- Good Knowledge of Operating license
- Successful track record in Transport Management
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, our Client offers ongoing development and learning programmes and support designed to help you and your team develop.