Consultant Grant Neale
Type Full time
Product Sector Interiors
Benefits EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Vacancy id 3862
Salary Details INDUSTRY LEADING AND ULTRA COMPETITIVE PACKAGE
Our Client is an established Flooring Contractor and Supplier, specialising in delivering bespoke carpet designs and wooden floor solutions through outstanding service with a high quality of workmanship.
They have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join their team in the Head Office in Staines. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in evaluating project specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required in order to successfully bid and win projects, both small and large scale.
You will be highly organised, motivated detail-focused and driven; you will need to consistently follow-up with subcontractors, clients and architects to ensure that bids are received and work closely with others in project management and sales to follow-up on bids in order to close and win the business
They are offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with a great benefits package and an opportunity to earn commission. This is a perfect opportunity to join a company that is established and a market leader but one that is also continuing to grow, giving you a chance to be a part of that future success.
- All bid (job) administration in preparing full estimates on complex work and projects
- Preparation and maintenance of plan / quantity reproduction as required per project/bid/job submission
- Maintaining effective communication with subcontractors, vendors and suppliers alike
- Preparing subcontractor bid packages (if required)
- Coordinating with all relevant stakeholders including (but not limited to) owners, architects, engineers, project managers / sales person and other project team members to resolve any technical matters during planning and development, negotiation and contract execution
- Can show creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors/suppliers
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline, no exceptions
- Efficiently performing all stages of an estimate including: project selection, estimate organisation, take-off / quantities, pricing, review and closeout.
- Effectively communicating project progress/status with Management / Sales.
- Prepare, analyse and maintain accurate quantities and thorough take offs from plans.
- Estimate time, materials and equipment required for job completion.
- Order all Materials required for the job’s you have won.
- Once the job is won try and be economic about ordering all your materials and being creative about quantities. Management approval will be required.
- Mentor and support training of more junior team members
- Work with Warehouse & Operations team to ensure projects that have handed over are run efficiently and effectively to maximise profit margins
- To remain focused on customer satisfaction and develop self-evaluation that leads to continuous improvement
- To comply with health and safety policies, practices and procedures, including reporting any potential hazards
- Build appropriate relationships with staff, contractors, clients and other stakeholders to develop and enhance the achievements and good reputation of the Company.
- Upholds and represents the Company’s values and standards positively at all times
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in construction/project estimating
- Degree in Business Management, Engineering or Accounting or math or extensive industry experience (ideal not essential)
- Have an understanding of quantifying and taking off of materials.
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Strong understanding of residential/building construction process
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, CAD
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to solve problems, creative solution finder
- Experience of working in the flooring industry but would be preferable especially of no formal qualifications
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles:
Sales Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Internal Sales, Sales Office Manager, Key Accounts Sales, National Account Sales, National Sales Manager and Sales Director.
We cover all roles within the Construction Materials sector including:
Builders Merchants Sales Jobs, Builders Merchants Jobs, Plumbers Merchants Jobs, KBB Jobs, Civil Engineering Sales Jobs, M&E Sales Jobs, Timber Sales Jobs, Roofing Sales Jobs, Plumbing Sales Jobs, Insulation Sales Jobs, Interiors Sales Jobs, Aggregate Sales Jobs, Quarry Products Sales Jobs, Concrete Sales Jobs, Plant Hire Sales Jobs, Plant Sales Jobs, Tool Hire Sales Jobs, Access Equipment Sales Jobs, Portable Accommodation Sales Jobs, Scaffolding Sales Jobs, Formwork Sales Jobs, Reinforcement Sales Jobs, Bathroom Sales Jobs, Kitchen Sales Jobs, Bedroom Sales Jobs, Bathroom Showroom Sales Jobs, KBB Sales Jobs, Plumbing & Heating Sales Jobs, Heating Sales Jobs, HVAC Sales Jobs, Ventilation Sales Jobs, M&E Products Sales Jobs, Washrooms Sales Jobs, Sanitaryware Sales Jobs, Build Systems Sales Jobs, Cladding Sales Jobs, Curtain Walling Sales Jobs, Façade Sales Jobs, Structural Steel Sales Jobs, Brick Sales Jobs, Block Sales Jobs, Stone Sales Jobs, Architectural Stone Sales Jobs, Masonry Sales Jobs, Pipe Sales Jobs, Drainage Sales Jobs, Geotextile Sales Jobs, Attenuation Sales Jobs, SUDS Sales Jobs, Paving Sales Jobs, Landscaping Products Sales Jobs, Street Furniture Sales Jobs, Doors Sales Jobs, Joinery Sales Jobs, Timber Products Sales Jobs, Off Site Construction Sales Jobs, Timber Distribution Sales Jobs, Timber Importers Sales Jobs, Timber Engineering Sales Jobs, Timber Frame Sales Jobs, Sips Sales Jobs, Fencing Sales Jobs, Windows Sales Jobs, Ironmongery Sales Jobs, Hardware Sales Jobs, Access Control Sales Jobs, Lock Sales Jobs, Locking Systems Sales Jobs, Home Automation Sales Jobs, Lifts & Escalators Sales Jobs, Flooring Sales Jobs, Ceramic Tiles Sales Jobs, Adhesives Sales Jobs, Consumables Sales Jobs, Render Sales Jobs, EWI Sales Jobs, Insulation Sales Jobs, Plasterboard Sales Jobs, Partitions Sales Jobs, Fit Out Products Sales Jobs, Interiors Sales Jobs, Coatings Sales Jobs, Sealants sales Jobs, Roofing sales Jobs, Roofing Products Sales Jobs, Tools Sales Jobs, Fixings Sales Jobs, Roof Windows Sales Jobs, Lintels Sales Jobs, UPVC Windows Sales Jobs and all other Construction Materials Sales Jobs.