We are retained by a leading supplier of BUILDING PRODUCTS, CONCRETE FORMWORK PRODUCTS, and FORMWORK TIMBER & PLY who, due to continued success, are seeking to recruit a professional DEPOT MANAGER to join and support their team in their New Depot opening in MIDDLESEX.
Reporting to: Managing Director
To develop and manage their branch team and to provide the highest levels of customer service, in order to maximize the sales and profitability of the Branch. To ensure compliance of all Company Policies and Procedures regarding Business Controls and Health and Safety Legislation
Key Results Areas
- Ensure all Branch Targets are met:- including Sales, Margin, Profit, Working Capital, Debtor Days, Stock Holding, PPI’s, Shrinkage
- Ensure Branch is compliant with all Health and Safety Standards and legislation
- Achieve Excellent Business Controls as defined by the Company
- Ensure all Monthly Customer Service KPI’s are reviewed and Standards maintained and improved
- Support, Recruit, Motivate, Appraise, Coach, Develop and help raise the performance standards of the Branch Team
- Responsible for Branch Standards and upkeep of the site
- Develop Operational plans in line with Company growth plans
- Reporting of all incidents including Health & Safety and Environmental
- Ensure the company authority levels are adhered to for sign offs
- Build both supplier and customer relationships to improve the sales and margin capability of the branch.
- Support management of fleet on site
- Cost Control – Ensure branch targets are met and improved where possible
- Ensure key tasks are prioritized and reorganized, if needed, to meet frequently changing deadlines/demands.
- Any other reasonable duty as defined by your line manager and the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Industry Knowledge (Desirable)
- Customer Focused
- Problem Solving
- PC Literate - Familiar with Microsoft Packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- People Management – Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Multi-tasking – Ability to lead from the front, with a hands on approach
- Experience of Team Building
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Administration Skills
- Experience of working in a pressurized environment
- Proven Sales and Customer Service background
- Leadership skills in a sales environment
- Product Knowledge
- Commercial Awareness
- Credit Management Awareness
- Ability to interpret data
- Report writing skills
- Ability to make decisions
As this is a rapidly growing company, they are able to offer an extremely attractive salary package along with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities to the right Candidate.
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles: Sales Manager, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager and National Sales Manager.
SRS specialise in vacancies within the construction materials industry in the following sectors Builders Merchants, Distribution, Wholesale, Manufacturers, Architects, Specifiers, Contractors, Civil Engineers, Civils Specifiers, Housebuilders, Developers, Local Authorities, Housing Associations, M&E Contractors, M & E Specifiers, Plant and Tool Hire in the product categories of :Brick & Block Sales, Roofing Sales, Kitchens and Bathroom Sales, Plumbing Sales, Aggregates & Concrete Sales, PPE Sales, Boiler Sales, Radiator Sales, Building Control Sales, Drainage Sales, Ventilation and Air Management Sales, Insulation Sales, Door Control Sales, Ironmongery Sales, Plant Hire, Modular Accommodation Sales, Building System Sales, Plastic Window Sales, Plasterboard Sales, Renewable Energy System Sales, Solar Heating Sales, HVAC Sales, Heavy Side Materials, Light Side Materials, Civil Engineering Material Sales, KBB, Groundwork Specialist Sales, SIPS Sales, Timber Sheet and Board Sales, Timber Frame Building Sales and all other construction materials sales.