- Consultant Grant Neale
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Ironmongery / Access Control / Security
- Benefits EXCELLENT REWARDS PACKAGE + BENEFITS
- Vacancy id 4175
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE (D.O.E)
Due to the continued success, expansion and future planning of their solutions businesses, our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Ironmongery COMMERCIAL MANAGER to join their team in London. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and established professional from within the A.I sector to join one of the UK’s leading Architectural Ironmongery, Door Sets, Balustrades and Security Product companies.
Our Client’s business is a nationwide, award-winning specifier and supplier of Architectural Ironmongery, Hardware, Access Control and Interior Fit out Solutions to the construction industry, working with architects, specifiers and contractors in the private and public sector markets, and is part of a leading multi-national construction supplies group.
To provide support to the pre-order function within the branch and ensure that all quotes and schedules are returned to customers accurately and on time.
To ensure that all estimates for the branch are chased on time and the CRM platform is kept up to date.
To provide smooth handover of orders to the contracts team, ensuring that full and final quotes are provided, and we maximise margin through commercial deals with our suppliers.
To develop a customer base that will contribute sales and margin to the branch.
This role is ultimately a development role for the Branch Manager
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Provide hands on sales leadership to our external and internal sales teams, personally mentoring team members to enhance their performance.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to support the growth of the branch.
- Ensure live projects are tracked in real time to ensure they are secured.
- Target key architects and develop strong relationships to develop specifications of architectural ironmongery, doorsets, balustrades and security products.
- Identify through effective communication with customers details of specific projects: budget, timescales, product requirements, alternatives, competition.
- Identify and follow up with key decision makers on projects and develop strong relationships to influence decisions.
- Gain information of competitor quotes to compare and identify key differences and or value engineer more price effective solutions.
- Identify where wider group, regional or national opportunities may occur and liaise with line manager about how these may be progressed.
- Use relevant internal IT and processes (CRM) to help prioritise work load and remain fully updated at all times.
- Be accountable for the conversion of enquiries into sales orders at appropriate margins. Liaise with estimators and provide any information required to maximise conversion rates.
- Be prepared to support other areas of the business as required
Key Tasks and Duties
- Evaluate each enquiry to understand budget, product selection and customer pricing.
- Identify selling opportunities for our Clients’ doorset, handrail, access control, automation and accessibility solutions.
- Scheduling, to ensure schedules and estimates are returned in a timely manner with attention to detail, making the most of the opportunity and accuracy.
- Ensuring the CRM package is kept up to date on the projects that they are involved in.
- Being a good communicator dealing with customers enquiries, offering technical advice as well as looking to sell all our Clients’ solutions.
- Chase branch pre-tender and tender status projects to find out tendering and successful contractors and sub-contractors.
- Chase internal customer project quotes through to conclusion
- Chase low level Technical Sales Representative awarded projects through to conclusion
- Work with Technical Sales Representatives to ensure that their awarded projects are being followed up in accordance with the recall dates and project programmes
- Experienced and highly motivational leader
- Good numeracy & literacy skills
- Experienced in Architectural Ironmongery & closely aligned solutions
- Good knowledge of Construction Industry routines including site delivery requirements
- Working knowledge of H & S legislation
- Experience in logistics
- Able to lead a team by example
The ideal Candidate is an expert in his specialist field and be an all-rounder in sales, operations, logistics, marketing, management as well as being a dynamic leader and show clear capabilities to carry out the role in question to a high level but also demonstrate the potential to develop and grow within the company. To be considered for this position at this moment in time you must possess a background within the A.I or closely aligned market sector, already have your G.A.I. qualification and operating in a similar role within the product sector.
Architectural Ironmongery, Handrails, Balustrades, Accessibility products, Door Closers, Hinges, Automatic Doors, Access Control, Door Hardware, Ironmongery, Locks, Washrooms, Door Hardware, Washrooms, Door sets.
SALARY & BENEFITS Strong Basic Salary (up to £45,000 D.O.E) + Excellent benefits + Strong Career development opportunities