Vacancy No 3364
Vacancy Title Commercial Manager
We are retained by a Modular Building company who, due to continued success, is seeking to recruit a professional Commercial Manager to join their team in Nottingham
Our clients are looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Manager to lead the post, contract surveying functions for our clients business, being based at their factory and head office in Nottingham, with the requirement to visit clients and site as necessary. The Commercial Manager will report to the Commercial Director and will carry out the duties and responsibilities as described further below.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director and as part of the senior management team, you will have commercial responsibility for a large portfolio of contracts, managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and commercial staff.
- You will manage all commercial elements of projects from bid support including contractual reviews and risk appraisals, contract terms, costs, and subcontractors, ensuring subcontract accounts are managed by QS’s within budgets and final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for achieving the commercial objectives and targets for all contracts from order through to final account agreement.
- To identify and manage risks associated with each contract through detailed assessment and maintaining risk registers.
- Effective liaison with directors and senior managers identifying and reporting commercial information.
- Collation, analysis and presentation of monthly CVR contract reports, including cash forecasting, risk and opportunity analysis, variation accounts and contractual status.
- Financial, contractual and legal control of contracts and sub-contract /consultant activities. Strong contractual and legal knowledge to ensure all necessary notices are served promptly and the company’s position is safeguarded.
- Ability to lead from the front and motivate / influence others to exceptional performance.
- Experience in dealing with conflicting service and management priorities and making sound strategic recommendations.
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills to inform decision makers.
- Implement the company’s commercial policies
- Successfully manage contractual dispute resolution both up and down stream.
- Form relationships with clients/PQS/Consultants/supply chain.
- Deliver and improve on margin / EBITDA expectations.
- The candidate will be qualified to Degree Level or similar commercial qualification degree in a construction discipline. RICS membership preferred.
- A full valid driving licence.
- Will need to be CSCS qualified.
- For the position advertised the candidate will need to demonstrate an appropriate level of experience in the construction industry as a Commercial Manager role for a large main contractor or similar design and build main contracting company.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level.
- With first class communication skills, you will have excellent pre and post contract commercial expertise with the relevant management experience.
- You will have a proven record of accomplishment gained within the main contracting arena, with good knowledge of the using JCT and NEC3 type contracts terms and conditions, and their legal and operational mechanisms.
- Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation.
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Commercially astute and results driven.
- Excellent IT and mathematical skills.
- A methodical approach to work with good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
REPORTING TO COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR
SALARY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE
BENEFITS PENSION, CAR ALLOWANCE, MEDICASH SCHEME
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles:
Sales Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Internal Sales, Sales Office Manager, Key Accounts Sales, National Account Sales, National Sales Manager and Sales Director.
We cover all roles within the Construction Materials sector including:
Builders Merchants Sales Jobs, Builders Merchants Jobs, Plumbers Merchants Jobs, KBB Jobs, Civil Engineering Sales Jobs, M&E Sales Jobs, Timber Sales Jobs, Roofing Sales Jobs, Plumbing Sales Jobs, Insulation Sales Jobs, Interiors Sales Jobs, Aggregate Sales Jobs, Quarry Products Sales Jobs, Concrete Sales Jobs, Plant Hire Sales Jobs, Plant Sales Jobs, Tool Hire Sales Jobs, Access Equipment Sales Jobs, Portable Accommodation Sales Jobs, Scaffolding Sales Jobs, Formwork Sales Jobs, Reinforcement Sales Jobs, Bathroom Sales Jobs, Kitchen Sales Jobs, Bedroom Sales Jobs, Bathroom Showroom Sales Jobs, KBB Sales Jobs, Plumbing & Heating Sales Jobs, Heating Sales Jobs, HVAC Sales Jobs, Ventilation Sales Jobs, M&E Products Sales Jobs, Washrooms Sales Jobs, Sanitaryware Sales Jobs, Build Systems Sales Jobs, Cladding Sales Jobs, Curtain Walling Sales Jobs, Façade Sales Jobs, Structural Steel Sales Jobs, Brick Sales Jobs, Block Sales Jobs, Stone Sales Jobs, Architectural Stone Sales Jobs, Masonry Sales Jobs, Pipe Sales Jobs, Drainage Sales Jobs, Geotextile Sales Jobs, Attenuation Sales Jobs, SUDS Sales Jobs, Paving Sales Jobs, Landscaping Products Sales Jobs, Street Furniture Sales Jobs, Doors Sales Jobs, Joinery Sales Jobs, Timber Products Sales Jobs, Off Site Construction Sales Jobs, Timber Distribution Sales Jobs, Timber Importers Sales Jobs, Timber Engineering Sales Jobs, Timber Frame Sales Jobs, Sips Sales Jobs, Fencing Sales Jobs, Windows Sales Jobs, Ironmongery Sales Jobs, Hardware Sales Jobs, Access Control Sales Jobs, Lock Sales Jobs, Locking Systems Sales Jobs, Home Automation Sales Jobs, Lifts & Escalators Sales Jobs, Flooring Sales Jobs, Ceramic Tiles Sales Jobs, Adhesives Sales Jobs, Consumables Sales Jobs, Render Sales Jobs, EWI Sales Jobs, Insulation Sales Jobs, Plasterboard Sales Jobs, Partitions Sales Jobs, Fit Out Products Sales Jobs, Interiors Sales Jobs, Coatings Sales Jobs, Sealants sales Jobs, Roofing sales Jobs, Roofing Products Sales Jobs, Tools Sales Jobs, Fixings Sales Jobs, Roof Windows Sales Jobs, Lintels Sales Jobs, UPVC Windows Sales Jobs and all other Construction Materials Sales Jobs.
We are constantly seeking candidates within the Construction Material Sales Sector in the following roles: Sales Manager, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Specification Sales Executive, Specification Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Field Sales, Account Executive, Key Account Manager, Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Representative, National Account Manager, Account Executive, Territory Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager and National Sales Manager.
SRS specialise in vacancies within the construction materials industry in the following sectors Builders Merchants, Distribution, Wholesale, Manufacturers, Architects, Specifiers, Contractors, Civil Engineers, Civils Specifiers, Housebuilders, Developers, Local Authorities, Housing Associations, M&E Contractors, M & E Specifiers, Plant and Tool Hire in the product categories of :Brick & Block Sales, Roofing Sales, Kitchens and Bathroom Sales, Plumbing Sales, Aggregates & Concrete Sales, PPE Sales, Boiler Sales, Radiator Sales, Building Control Sales, Drainage Sales, Ventilation and Air Management Sales, Insulation Sales, Door Control Sales, Ironmongery Sales, Plant Hire, Modular Accommodation Sales, Building System Sales, Plastic Window Sales, Plasterboard Sales, Renewable Energy System Sales, Solar Heating Sales, HVAC Sales, Heavy Side Materials, Light Side Materials, Civil Engineering Material Sales, KBB, Groundwork Specialist Sales, SIPS Sales, Timber Sheet and Board Sales, Timber Frame Building Sales and all other construction materials sales.