- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Products
- Benefits 28 Days Holiday, Pension Scheme, Continues Support And Professional Development, MON FRI (Flexible Working Available)
- Vacancy id 3993
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE PACKAGE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Are you a product or category management professional looking for your next role with a dynamic, innovative and forward thinking brand?
If so, we are delighted to offer the opportunity for a Category Manager to join our Client’s successful business at an exciting time in their development.
With their mission to build a sustainable future for the construction industry and their focus on delivering a first-class service to their customers, the company has established themselves as one of the UK’s leading suppliers of construction products and continues to go from strength to strength in the specialist markets it serves.
They operate across the country, stocking in excess of 40 product ranges encompassing an impressive 15,000 products. They pride themselves on their ability to deliver products to their customers quickly and efficiently.
Their ethos is that the best solutions are found by the best teams, which is why they continuously invest in their people to develop and improve their skills and expertise and help them achieve their professional goals.
They recruit people who have a genuine interest in their customers, take pride in their work and enjoy finding solutions to customer’s challenges.
As part of their plans to expand their business and ensure they continue to provide unrivalled solutions to their customers, they are now looking to appoint a new colleague at their offices in Carlisle.
Working in conjunction with the purchasing team and the marketing department, you will be responsible for the sourcing, pricing and overall promotion of a product category to maximise customer appeal.
The duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Analyse data or insights to determine industry and customer trends and identify business opportunities.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories through all customer segments and channels.
- Identify the best suppliers for product requirements and negotiate the best deal
- Build trust relationships with suppliers to achieve better pricing and quality of service based on our Client being the best route to market for their products.
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products and work with inventory to keep provisioned stock to a minimum.
- Develop range strategies for the products within the category. Including what will be stocked where and in what quantities.
- Work with internal stakeholders to build merchandising plans for products.
- Work with marketing teams to develop promotional campaigns for a product category.
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory.
- Assume responsibility for overseeing budget development and revenue for category.
This role will require you to be predominantly office based. However, there will also be an option for you to work partly home-based with a minimum of three-days a week at their Carlisle offices. You should also be prepared for some travel throughout the UK.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Prior experience in either a Buying role or Category Management role
- Previous experience in either a distribution or retail environment
- Excellent communication, influencing skills, as well as the ability to ‘make things happen’.
- Proactive and driven to overcome obstacles to deliver success through creative and well considered plans.
- A commercial mind-set and full comprehension of buying, marketing and sales principles and a numerical ability.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods to determine industry and customer wants, needs and trends.
- Devising long-term development strategies for product categories in line with the company’s strategy.