- Consultant Luke Chaplin
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Envelope / Build Systems
- Benefits Monday Friday 8:30am – 5pm, 25 Days + Bank Holidays, Private Health Cover/Private Pension Scheme
- Vacancy id 4707
- Salary Details £30k £40k
We are retained by one of the leading education property consultants in the UK. They are proud to be partners with some of the sector’s most influential organisations. Their team is dedicated to designing and creating inspiring, sustainable spaces where people learn, work and play.
Due to their continued success and growing business demands they currently have a vacancy for a CAD/Revit Technician who is looking to develop their career, working on a great portfolio of projects varying in sector and size, with a specific focus on net carbon zero and decarbonisation capital programmes. This is an exciting role offering excellent career development opportunities.
- The key responsibilities of a CAD/Revit Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Modelling/draughting detailed layouts to produce high-quality drawing packages, to assist the Design Team (Architects/Structural Engineers/M&E Engineers) in the production of technical information for tendering purposes.
- Coordinating models between disciplines, to achieve a final fully coordinated model.
- Follow BIM standards and development procedures. Ensuring projects are adhering to principles and the requirements of BIM Levels 1 and 2.
- Quality control of Revit models and associated drawings, schedules etc.
- Be a proactive and engaged team member, working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary workspace.
The Person/Required Competencies:
The key skills and qualities of a CAD/Revit Technician are:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, and to deadlines, both individually and as part of a team.
- Good time management.
- High level of attention to detail and take pride in your work.
- Dress smartly and deal with clients and staff politely & professionally.
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD and Revit with a minimum of 3+ years of professional CAD/Revit experience.
- Clear knowledge of industry standards and other project-related processes.
- Experience working within at least one of the following disciplines: Architectural, Structural or MEP.
- Experience using SketchUp, Navisworks and other 3D software would be highly advantageous.
- Delivering projects in BIM.