- Consultant Grant Neale
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Interiors
- Benefits travel allowance, pension, PMI, life & disability insurance, mobile, laptop, 25 days holiday & 3 charity days + birthday off per annum + strong earning and career advancement opportunities
- Vacancy id 5035
- Salary Details Strong Basic (Up To £50,000 D.O.E) + unlimited earning potential (£30,000 - £50,000+ realistic earning potential)
Are you an extremely motivated, dedicated, disciplined, and successful Business Development Manager with experience in promoting and securing Workspace and interior fit-out projects with Commercial Office End User Clients and Architects and designers, if so, this could be exactly what you are looking for.
We are very proud to be collaborating with an industry-leading and ultra-respected Furniture, Workspace, and Interior Fit Out Solutions company due to exciting growth and expansion plans are seeking to recruit a tenacious Business Development Manager to join their very dynamic, creative, and entrepreneurial team with responsibility for promoting their full solution offering to End User clients and any other appropriately aligned sales channels
General Purpose of the Role:
To find, pre-qualify, and win new business! It is important for you to be part of a dynamic sales team and be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get involved!
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is multifunctional and will involve dealing with all customer groups in a strategic fashion with new business and client retention being the main function.
This opportunity will give the successful candidate an exceptional platform to create and build their own destiny with the full backup and support of everyone within the business
You will be working as part of a team to develop a sales and market share in the commercial office arena. Principally responsible for the development of projects, relationships, and sales in the commercial segment of the business.
- Find, pitch, and secure new business sales within an agreed profile.
- Pitch to end-user clients and ‘professional’ teams to win business.
- Highly Pro-Active, High-level Business Development Sales Role.
- Develop and forge relationships with key decision makers within Corporate and major Occupying and SME End User clients and the A&D Community.
- Contribute to overall sales strategy with the Managing Director.
- Front-end sales, being able to lead & influence the client and be credible and trusted with decision-making (internally & externally)
- Liaison with clients & professionals across all disciplines & departments to ensure all requirements are covered.
- Find, develop, and refer opportunities to the sales team.
- Network with key industry representatives within the group and with external prospects to gain first-class knowledge of key opportunities in the marketplace.
- Work within the business and sales teams to develop their own opportunities.
- Maximise margin opportunities through negotiation with suppliers.
- Manage & co-ordinate internal resources and assist in producing pitch & marketing documents for presentations.
- Securing projects with a key focus on driving sales & margin.
- Overall responsibility for generating and pre-qualifying new business opportunities with the support of the operational teams.
- Exposure to CRM system to develop the agreed sales strategy
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience managing commercial interior projects.
- Understanding of the commercial parameters.
- Comprehensive understanding of FF&E, cable management, Ergonomics/ergonometric (known as Human Factors), and sustainability
- Ability to make commercial decisions independently.
- Minimum 3-5 years of business development experience within a workplace-focused interior product or even better, already coming from a Furniture, Workplace Fit-Out environment.
- Ability to manage clients at all levels.
- Established client and professional contacts that focus on Commercial Office | Workplace projects are Highly Advantageous
- A true passion for design and wellbeing in the workplace
- Strong commercial acumen with a wider sales outlook.
- Professional and charismatic.
- Highly motivated with a strong ability to open and close
- Presentable & sociable.
- Dynamic & enthusiastic personality.
- High level of drive to achieve and succeed.
- A high level of confidence enables a strong impact to be made on others.
- Ability to hold other’s attention and influence decisions.
- Articulate & Numerate
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Self-motivated individual who can work well either on their own or in a team.
- Candidates must have a background in Commercial Interior Products or Services, Furniture, and Workspace solutions
- Ability to manage own area, and introduce tailored customer solutions to drive sales forward.
- Proven track record and a proactive approach to Solution Selling and having strong existing relationships with the required route to market in London
- Competent IT skills are required – MS Office, Word, Outlook, etc
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist in the closing of sales opportunities.
- A high degree of professionalism and an exceptional understanding of the specification design process with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside colleagues internally and externally to deliver customer service excellence
Please Note: Candidate must be located within a reasonable commute to Central London. the successful candidate must be prepared to travel further afield if required