- Consultant Fiona Hamilton
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Merchants / Distributors
- Vacancy id 4797
- Salary Details Competitive Remuneration Package
Our client is a leading Timber Importer & Distributor and due to expansion and internal promotion they are seeking a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to become a central part of the team, the role combines targeting new customers and developing long-standing partnerships with existing ones. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established expanding company that offers excellent career progression opportunities.
Reporting to: REGIONAL MANAGER
The role requires a highly driven and motivated individual who can make a significant impact on the growth of the business promoting their high-end timber products to both existing and new customers. The successful individual will play a major role in achieving sustainable organic growth and an increase in market share.
- Management & further development with both new & existing customers
- To undertake targeted personal client visits to bring in new accounts and develop & cement existing relationships
- Build & maintain a sales pipeline of opportunities to achieve agreed sales targets.
- Managing and nurturing an existing portion of the current softwood supply base
- Agreeing on specifications and prices
- Liaising with relevant shipping and logistical departments
- Working within existing frameworks and processes to achieve desired levels of inventory
- Introducing new products in coordination with the management team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent presentation skills, and comfortable presenting to both individuals and groups
- Strong background history of working in Sales and being able to analyze market trends, develop sales, price and profitability strategies, recommend improvements and increase revenue
- Effective communication skills
- Customer-focused with sound commercial skills.
- Good IT skills & PC literate
- Knowledge of timber/timber products and market sectors