- Consultant Grant Neale
- Type Full time
- Product Sector HVAC / Ventilation / Cooling
- Benefits FULL BENEFITS + CAREER & MANAGEMENT PROSPECTS
- Vacancy id 4100
- Salary Details HIGH BASIC SALARY (up To £60,000) + STRONG OTE + HYBRID CAR Or £500PM CAR ALLOWANCE
Do you have an interest in building a career with an award-winning innovative market leading company who set trends? If so, this exciting opportunity to join a Market Leading Award-Winning Manufacturer of Renewable Heating Solutions in the NORTH UK might be exactly what you have been looking for?
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven, smart, charismatic senior Business Development Manager to join one the fastest growing cleantech companies in the country. If you are looking to join a company genuinely disrupting the energy and building technology market and really can make an impact? This could be for you…
Our client is a fast-growing Renewable Heating company that save consumers money and energy, help reduce the cost of running an estate of properties and enable smart energy consumption.
This is possible because of their unique technology control signals that can come from the consumer, the housing association or the utility company.
They actively sell into a number of different sales channels, specifically: utilities, developers, housing associations/local authorities, installation contractors and direct to consumers.
Our client has an immediate requirement for a heavyweight, well connected and seasoned Business Development Manager to aggressively pursue and capitalise on our early growth in the high-volume sales channels: New Build Contractors, Developers, Housing Associations.
As part of our client’s ambitious growth plans the Business Development Manager must identify the relevant key decision makers and deeply understand their businesses (needs/challenges and opportunities) in order to impact fully frame the organisations value proposition and secure strategic relationships. By establishing these strategic relationships, you will unveil opportunities ranging from specifications in new property developments, a rolling upgrade plan in an existing housing stock or even a new retail tariff offering linked to the system.
Our Client encourages creativity and entrepreneurial spirit to develop and grow the brand.
Our Client is willing to offer a great salary and an annual bonus linked to the success of your business development activities. The high-level deliverables for the BDM are listed below:
Key activities & Responsibilities:
- Delivering consistent profitable sales growth across our target market sectors.
- Building multi-level relationships within client organisations in order to best develop our sales and market position.
- Growing a strong and robust pipeline – identifying and closing new projects and developing new sales channels and opportunities.
- Achieving ‘trusted advisor’ status with our existing and target clients who will rely on you to develop solutions and fix problems.
- Developing a deep understanding of our market, understanding the challenges and opportunities across our market sectors.
- Providing detailed reporting through Salesforce.
- Supporting the sales team with externally facing customer activity where required, including but not limited to sales presentations, support at trade fairs etc.
- Inquisitive mindset, keeping close to industry trends (building regulations, energy market, housing trends etc.)
- Well-connected at decision maker level within the housing, new build and developer market along with understanding the sales cycle, decision criteria and timeframes
- The energy storage market its challenges and opportunities (cylinders, batteries)
- Renewable technologies (solar PV and heat pumps)
- Changing energy markets (variable tariffs, network constraints etc.)
- High quality work output & a proactive mindset with a can-do attitude
- High quality communications both internally and externally.
- It is important to network within the business to get answers quickly for our customers, and understand product development pipeline etc.
- Feedback market intelligence to the business, so we can use this to feed into our product development pipeline
- A super listener – from listening to our customers we uncover opportunities
- Use our CRM system diligently and effectively (salesforce.com)
- Manage time effectively
- Produce thorough account plans & accurate forecasts
- Prepared to travel and stay away occasionally
- Proven experience (3+ years) in a business development role selling technology solutions to house builders, New Build Contractors, Local Authorities & Housing Associations.
- An ability to understand and sell technical products. A background in selling product in other sectors such as HVAC, electric vehicles, energy storage, renewables, facilities management, and engineering would be an advantage and have a genuine passion for clean energy technologies.
- A positive, self-motivated, and proactive approach to doing business and achieving your sales targets. You will be a team player who can hit the ground running and quickly build strong new relationships along with key stakeholders and your existing connections
- A network of relevant contacts such as consulting engineers, consultants, technical managers and asset managers within the above sales channels.
- Great communication and relationship management skills.
- Experience using CRM systems (ideally Salesforce).
- A natural inclination to provide best in class customer service and go the extra mile.