- Consultant Ben Becker
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Plumbing & Heating
- Benefits Car Allowance, Laptop, Phone, Pension, Etc
- Vacancy id 4176
- Salary Details Negotiable Plus Excellent Bonus Scheme
Our Clients are a global market leading manufacturer with an incredible history going back over 50 years, manufacturing innovative commercial and domestic Plumbing and Bathrooms Solutions. They maintain their market position by ongoing research and development backed by unmatched customer service across the marketplace.
Due to growth our clients are looking for a Business Development Manager, so if you believe this is a role you could make your own then please contact us to discuss in more detail.
To expand, develop and drive sales of our clients Plumbing and Bathroom solutions across the contract market, including the National Merchants, Buying Groups and Main M & E Contractors.
- To work in conjunction with the Trade Sales Team and Commercial Specification Team to take full responsibility for the sales of all products across the designated accounts profile.
- Standard Growth Account Management within a pre-defined account range, including negotiating Trading Agreements, pricing, developing key relationships with account principles and branch staff.
- To provide online and ‘in person’ training and education to improve Merchant sales within but not limited to PHG, Fortis, UKPS, Jewson, SGBD, Wolseley, City Plumbing & Travis Perkins.
- To seek and secure new business opportunities by building relationships with key customer Specification Managers, Sales Reps, Estimating Offices and Contract Branches.
- To provide training, education and consultation for key specification contacts. Use existing network of M&E contractors/large installers to seek out large scale opportunities
- To assist and manage projects which have been sourced by the Commercial Specification Team and ensure, that through the tender process with Contractors the specification is protected.
- Identify key contractors working within Social Housing, Multiple Occupancy, Residential, Education and Leisure to promote the features and benefits of the product catalogue.
- To attend Regular meetings with senior stakeholders within accounts, prepare account review presentations along with key in depth analysis using Excel, gap analysis and forecasting whilst always looking for incremental growth opportunities
- Identify poor performing branches so as to devise, implement, execute and review specific projects to achieve top line targets.
- Ensure all nationally agreed promotional activities are fully implemented at local level within the designated postcode area
- To establish the brand as the number one preferred choice of professional plumbers, engineers and installers.
- Ensure all products are given prominent front of trade counter display exposure.
- Gather intelligence on competitors’ activities and product development.
- Implement effective and efficient journey and time management.
- When required to represent the brand at trade exhibitions and key events, and thoroughly follow up all generated leads.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Full UK driving license
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders across the Merchants and Buying Groups
- There is the potential for up to 3 nights per week overnight stays for this position, as determined by business requirements. (post Covid)
- Customer focused and commercially aware.
- IT literate – good knowledge of MS Office
As our Client’s business is always expanding, they are able to offer an extremely attractive salary package along with excellent benefits and fantastic career progression opportunities to the right Candidate.