- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Civil Engineering / Drainage / Landscape
- Benefits Car, Laptop, Mobile, Healthcare, Pension, 25 Days Holiday
- Vacancy id 4109
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE + HIGH OTE
Are you interested in joining an award-winning distributor of construction and engineering products?
With a history that spans over 38 years, our Client has grown into one of the UK’s most successful construction product distribution businesses with specialist teams dedicated to each of their key market sectors, allowing them to add value at every stage of a construction project.
Their network of branches across the UK stock a wide range of products from market-leading brands and they pride themselves on efficient, on –time and fast delivery coupled with first-class technical expertise.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company whose products are held in high regard at an exciting stage in their development in the UK construction sector.
Key Responsibilities of the role
Reporting to: Sales Director
- To achieve and maintain agreed levels of sales and profitability within defined market sectors for two London based branches.
- To establish and develop a stable client base to support branch sales and margin.
- To liaise with operational and wider external sales team to co-ordinate sales activities.
Customer Service and Performance
- To achieve and maintain agreed plans for sales and margins by servicing existing client base local to the branch, within the defined market sectors. Ensure the maximum return from trading arrangements in place and opportunities arising from central negotiation and promotion.
- To achieve planned sales and margins by developing trading with target accounts, both new and existing, within the sectors.
- To develop sales by pricing and negotiating competitively for work, making best use of trade leads, project-tracking information, and local knowledge.
- To develop sales by promoting new product to appropriate client base.
- To develop sales by promoting a range of relevant products to new and existing accounts.
- To plan area sales activities effectively and efficiently by making best use of project-tracking, and trade leads.
- To report commercial activities exceptional to plans, to suggest and initiate corrective action where required.
- To report commercial activities routinely, maintaining customer records, reporting and monitoring progress towards agreed objectives.
- To maintain a current product knowledge relevant to duties, in liaison with supplier personnel and undertaking training where appropriate.
Key relationships externally with Market sector customers and Market sector suppliers and internally with Branch Director, Regional Director, Regional Sales Manager, External Sales Team and Branch employees
Key Knowledge and Experience required
- Experience in a sales driven role
- Experience in external sales
- Experience in heavyside building products
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Results driven
- Commercially focused
- Customer Service
- IT Knowledge
This role offers the successful Candidate numerous opportunities for career progression along with continuous training and development.
Location/Area LONDON AND SURROUNDING AREAS