- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Concrete / RMX / Quarry Products
- Benefits EXECUTIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Vacancy id 4259
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE (D.O.E) + EXCELLENT UNCAPPED REWARDS PACKAGE
Are you a driven BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR with experience in the supply of Construction Products via the Merchant and Distribution sector in the UK?
If so, we are currently working with a Worldwide, internationally recognised market-leading manufacturer of Construction Products on a **RETAINED BASIS** who are seeking to recruit a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR to join their team with responsibility for promoting their products and solutions in the UK.
Our Client has over 20 years of experience and operates in 6 strategic sectors with a capital investment of $3 Billion USD with a workforce of over 10,000.
To spearhead the introduction of our Client’s high quality, innovative, sustainable market-leading range of Construction Products to Builders Merchants and Distributors.
Our Client is able to offer two supply alternatives the first being as a branded range of products along with the option to supply a ‘white label’ option as required.
Our Client is committed to expansion in the UK and will look to the successful Candidate to be instrumental in building and developing a team in the UK.
- To introduce our Client’s products to all Builders Merchants, Distributors and Specialist End Users.
- Develop and manage relationships with all major Merchants and Distributors along with all relevant Buying Organisations.
- Grow Sales within agreed target areas.
- Have strong contacts with Key Distributors at the decision-making level along with influencers.
- Have a proven and stable track record of success working with Key Distributors and Buying Organisations.
- Have an understanding of the process required in the introduction of materials.
- Be able to identify business opportunities.
- Develop a Sales and Marketing plan for execution along with a growth plan including developing a team within the UK.
- Have the ability to develop our Client’s business in the UK including recruiting and managing staff, establishing a UK presence including all aspects of running a distribution orientated operation successfully.
- Be professional and competent at presenting presentations.
- Be sufficient in promoting solutions on capabilities over and above price.
- Dealing with customers day to day requirements.
- Relevant reports to be completed in the timescales provided.
- Reporting back to the Senior Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Self-motivated individual who can work autonomously but equally as a collaborative member of a team.
- Comfortable with written and spoken English.
- 5 Years experience in supplying the Merchant and Distribution marketplace.
- Ability to manage and introduce tailored customer solutions to drive sales forward.
- New business-focused with the ability to grow, nurture and develop long term key accounts.
- Track record of Solution Selling to the Construction Sector.
- UK driving license is essential.
- Competent IT skills are required, along with the usage of online meeting platforms.
- Good communication skills with a friendly approach are needed.
- The ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail is paramount.
- Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist in the closing of sales opportunities.
- A high degree of professionalism and an exceptional understanding of the procurement process with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
- Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside colleagues internally and externally to deliver customer service excellence.
Our Client is willing to consider candidates who have experience in the sales arena along with Candidates who have experience in National Account Management, who are either currently in employment or are looking to return to work and believe they have the attributes and experience to be successful in the role.