- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Civil Engineering / Drainage / Landscape
- Benefits 28 days holiday, pension scheme, staff discount, contributory travel and health scheme, full support and continuous training
- Vacancy id 4838
- Salary Details Negotiable dependent on experience + attractive incentive scheme
Are you interested in working for one of the UK’s most successful suppliers of construction products?
If so, this exciting Branch Supervisor’s position might be exactly what you’ve been looking for.
With its mission to build a sustainable future for the construction industry and its focus on delivering a first-class service to its customers, the company has established itself as one of the UK’s leading construction product distribution businesses and continues to go from strength to strength in the specialist markets it serves.
They operate across the country with branches in over 15 locations, stocking in excess of 40 product ranges encompassing an impressive 15,000 products. They pride themselves on their ability to deliver products to their customers quickly and efficiently.
Their ethos is that the best solutions are found by the best teams, which is why they continuously invest in their people to develop and improve their skills and expertise and help them achieve their professional goals.
They recruit people who have a genuine interest in their customers, take pride in their work and enjoy finding solutions to customers’ challenges.
As part of their plans to expand the expertise they provide, they are now looking to appoint a Branch Supervisor at their operation in Norwich.
As both the leader of a small team and a member of the dedicated salesforce, your role will involve overseeing the smooth running of the branch as a first point of contact for customers.
The duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Delivering excellent customer service and communication both face-to-face and by telephone
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the branch, working with colleagues locally, regionally and centrally to maximise profitability through training and a motivated team
- You will be responsible for effective operations and efficient administration controls
- Providing customers with product and service information
- Processing enquiries and orders accurately and within the time dedicated by the customer deadline
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to enjoy working within a fast-paced sales environment where professionalism and high levels of customer service are key to success.
As you will be taking an active role as a member of the branches’ sales team, you will need to have a flair for sales and enjoy working to targets and meeting sales goals.
You will also need experience in managing and motivating a team (prior experience in management would be an advantage).
Experience in the construction industry is desired along with the ability to work using your own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
Other skills required include:
- An outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic and professional telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of computer programmes
- Fork Lift Licence (desirable)
This role offers the successful candidate excellent career progression opportunities along with full training and a competitive (negotiable) salary package.