We are retained by one of the UK’s leading distributors of insulation, dry lining, roofing and ceilings. Due to continued success they are looking to appoint a Branch Sales Manager in West Yorkshire.
Reporting to: Branch Manager
To assist the Branch Manager in implementing the components required to deliver a strategic and local branch plan.
To maximise profitability through building successful working relationships with internal and external customers, staff and suppliers, while ensuring the branch operates in a professional and safe manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Proven experience in a proactive sales/customer focused environment.
- Proven track record of results achievement
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Ability to work within a team locally and nationally.
- People supervision experience preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of the industry preferred but not essential.
- Proficient MS Office skills
Key Results Areas
- Support and assist health and safety culture to ensure that both staff and customers are free from accidents and that all parties actively endorse a safe and healthy working environment.
- Ensure individual and team compliance with the companies Principles of Conduct and Action.
- Management and planning of day to day Sales Team functions taking responsibility for problem solving and managing situations arising.
- Work with the Branch Manager to identify and action individual and team training needs.
- Achievement of Sales Team Key Performance Indicators to agreed standards, incorporating sales and margin targets, customer base growth and customer spend targets, and customer service initiatives.
- Build close and trusted working relationships with operational colleagues to ensure excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction are delivered to customers and in order to achieve company’s goals
- Work with the Branch Manager, Area Sales Manager and Regional Sales Director to define and implement area sales plans
- Develop and manage branch customer portfolio
- Develop effective supplier relationships in order to maximise customer sales opportunities
- Maximise opportunities to continually learn about new products and regulations and to improve selling skills
- Assist the Branch Manager to drive profitable market growth in chosen customer segments.
Location/Area West Yorkshire
Salary Negotiable Basic Salary Dependent on Experience