- Consultant Fiona Hamilton
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Merchants / Distributors
- Vacancy id 4260
- Salary Details Negotiable Dependent On Experience
We are retained by one of the UK’s leading distributors of specialist building products who due to continued success in the UK market place are seeking to recruit an experienced BRANCH OPERATIONS DIRECTOR. As Branch Operations Director you would be responsible for the entire operation of the branch and implement business guidelines and strategies, working with other department heads to ensure everything runs smoothly and in accordance with company guidelines., while ensuring excellent customer service is prioritised at all times.
A leading distributor of specialist construction products in Europe, they have a strong heritage of specialist knowledge and expertise and a wide integrated network so that be close to their clients and meet their needs.
Their strategy is to continuously grow their leadership positions and market share through service, expertise and proximity
Our Client’s business prides itself in delivering advanced solutions to their customers, offering technical advice throughout their projects and meeting their requirements quickly and effectively
To have overall responsibility for leading the warehouse and fleet functions and to ensure exceptional customer service is given and all times. To drive the continuous improvements of existing processes and ensure regulatory compliance and develop and drive Key Performance Indicators that deliver improved efficiency and service.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Review all warehouse and transport risks and implement appropriate procedures to mitigate
- Ensure compliance with all business controls
- Promote the importance of H & S, and lead by example in actively promoting and installing a culture where the health & safety of your team is a priority.
- Ensure excellent warehouse disciplines are prevalent with the Branch
- Develop and maintain relevant customer relationships ensuring the appropriate levels of communication and contact
- Manage the fleet and constantly monitor activities and examine working methods to ensure transport and delivery procedures are at best practice standards
- Have a clear understanding of warehousing and fleet management
- Ability to engage, motivate and lead a team
- Excellent people management skills, and experience in managing Senior Managers
- A strong customer focus
- Excellent IT skills
- Experienced working in a pressured environment.
- Excellent organisational skills