- Consultant Neil Cook
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building ProductsRoofing Products
- Benefits Benefits And Bonus Scheme
- Vacancy id 3952
- Salary Details Competitive Remuneration Package
Our client is an independent single site merchant with an excellent reputation as a competitive supplier of roofing materials and building products. They also have an excellent reputation for customer service and seek a positive individual with experience of leading a team within a merchant environment to deliver similar high standards. If you have direct experience in a similar role or are looking for a step up from an assistant or large departmental management role within the industry then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to: Director/Owner
Leading a team that continually works together in promoting the company’s ROOFING, TIMBER & CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS to local contractors, building companies, developers, local authorities and construction companies.
- Promote and develop branch sales via site/contractor visits and visiting customers.
- Lead the team in delivering profitable sales in line with agreed targets.
- Understanding customer needs and requirements, research accounts and maintain market awareness.
- Manage purchasing and product range to optimum levels and relevance for the local market.
- Manage branch operations, health and safety, systems and procedures for optimum efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in merchant/distributor team management
- General Construction Product knowledge essential
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive and flexible attitude.
- People Management Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Customer Focused with Sound Commercial Skills
- Good IT Skills & PC literate.
- Full clean driving license.